cherihl's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 12:54 PM

Closed

CBS audio drops

For over a month CBS (ONLY) has intermittent but increasing audio drop out. An informal poll of others (neighbors, family, friends) shows they are having the same issue.  Some also have xfinity BUT others have Verizon, youtube, fubo, etc as their cable provider.  I've gone through online xfinity support checking my audio setup and restarting the cable box but the problem persists as I expected it would.  This appears to be a CBS problem.  It's impossible to watch CBS and I'm at loss where to reach out next.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any solution?  Thanks

1 Message

8 months ago

I know several people who are having this same issue, including myself. Some also have different cable providers. It is very frustrating trying to watch anything on CBS. I know my sound issue has been persistent since the start of football season in September. Any insight as to who to reach out to would be helpful. 

1 Message

8 months ago

My elderly father was complaining about this issue and initially I assumed it was him.  But I've witnessed it myself at his home too.  Since then it has occurred in both my homes, on both cable and streaming devices, for CBS only.  It just happened minutes ago during the Bills/Patriots game.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

8 months ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@EG​ Thank you.  Where to post was confusing

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

@cherihl 

No worries ! Good luck with it !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

8 months ago

Having the same issue, audio cuts out intermittently making the channel impossible to watch.  Is NOT happening on any other channels.  Definitely a CBS issue because my father who lives 30 minutes away is having the same issue. So annoying!! 

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@keenefamily88 So sorry to hear that. Please send me a direct message with your full name and address so we can look at this together. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

8 months ago

A friend commented last night that she thought her tv was having problems as losing audio on CBS but no other channels so lots of people having enough issues making CBS unwatchable. I noticed it weeks ago during Colbert monologues. We are both Xfinity but in towns 25 miles apart.

Very frustrating during a key football play - not that there  are many during Pats games but this has been a problem for weeks. 
If it’s not solely an Xfinity issue - as some commenters have noted - that suggests it’s a CBS issue. Is this something Xfinity is working on to resolve with the network?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Hard to know if xfinity is working with the network. Maybe, maybe not.  My experience is that it takes an army of the same "complaint" for light to dawn that it's probably a bigger issue than a single subscriber.  That's why I suggest everyone contact them to increase the odds of it getting resolved for all of us!

Official Employee

• 

457 Messages

Good morning, @cherihl if anyone is still experiencing audio issues, please reach out via direct message to troubleshoot.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_bn6f3j Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with CBS and the audio dropping? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

8 months ago

I am finding that unless others report the issue, the cable provider (and probably CBS as well) thinks it's a single customer issue.  So if you have not reported it, please do. I find xfinity support on "X" (the old twitter) the quickest reporting platform.  They also provided me a link for CBS for a quick email to them via Paramount as well as a phone number [Edited: "Personal Information"].  I plan to call them Tuesday given tomorrow is a holiday. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

We're not alone, hello Comcast are you there?

https://nextdoor.com/p/b8BTnR8KR4_6?view=detail

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

I am experiencing the same with CBS programs both on regular station and HD.

Problem with Winchester and Harwich systems.

No word from Xfinity about the problem,HELP!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @wfoneil3, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the CBS programs, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

8 months ago

As of 1/6/24, my CBS audio issue appears to be resolved.  I never heard from CBS/Paramount though I did contact them as well as Comcast.  I will definitely post again if the problem returns.

Problem Solver

• 

833 Messages

8 months ago

This was fixed a few days ago. I confirmed with CBS. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

How were you able to confirm this with CBS? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

That is a possibility. We'll reply to you in Direct Message regarding the other issue.

Problem Solver

• 

833 Messages

@cherihl​ 

I work for a company that spends lots of money on advertising with CBS. When I saw our ads not playing, we contacted people internally. They were able to resolve it fairly quickly after that. 

Late last week they had a technical failure in the equipment that serves the CBS streams.  The issue is from their master control system that is run out of Atlanta.  It caused random breakup in video, and audio loss.  It affected the Comcast and YouTube feeds most, and others (Fios, OTA) to a lesser degree.  After much troubleshooting, they determined that by bypassing most active components in the signal path, the breakup stopped.  As they remain in bypass mode, they continue to work to solve the issue.  They believe they are close to fixing the issue and have a replacement piece of equipment arriving.

1 Message

I am a xfinity customer in kissimme and am still having this problem. Watching the Genesis golf tournament is unbearable

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_md4cis, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. If you are still having issues with this, please let us know so we can run through some troubleshooting steps with you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

This is happening today, right now

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @Philman911! I apologize that you are experiencing audio issues with your CBS channel. Have you tried reaching out directly to the network for support? 

1 Message

5 months ago

I called YouTube Friday and they told me they were working on it?? But tonight I still don’t have voices on our Channel 11 CBS KKTV in Colorado Springs, Colorado! I’m getting pretty disgusted… I’m missing some of my favorite programs! So I would like it fixed asap.. And we should be compensated for all the days we couldn’t watch our shows! 
DM

1 Message

3 months ago

I've been having the same problems for weeks. The auto is lost and the picture freezes, "repeat". After raising the subscription cost the service should be better not worse.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_6ulu6j, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the picture, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1 Message

3 months ago

I have been experiencing this same issue recently, CBS only intermittent audio lost and picture freeze.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_pzyqyg, thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We value you as a customer, and I am sorry to hear you're also running into the same issues with CBS on your end. My team would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this with you. Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here