jiminnm's profile

New Poster

• 

24 Messages

Friday, October 20th, 2023 4:24 AM

Closed

Cannot get NHL Center Ice

Apparently, Xfinity is not interested in selling me a subscription to NHL Center Ice.  I went to the web site to get NHL Center Ice.  I selected the service and clicked to purchase.  In response, I get a screen stating that my purchase could not be completed and to call the following number (which is the general customer service number).  I called the number but could get past the recorded message.  When asked why I was calling, I said I wanted to subscribe to NHL Center Ice.  The response, also recorded, stated that agents could not sign up sports packages over the phone.  So, I couldn't get the package online or via telephone.

I tried an online chat.  The first chatter took all my info and came back with a $9.99/monthly fee for NHL.  I knew that was wrong and told him that I had the package for many prior years and there was a flat fee ($69.99 last year).  He went away and came back and apologized for the bad info.  He went away for a few minutes and came back and told me that he could not process the order and was transferring me to another agent.  So, that agent read the transcript and asked me for my full account info.  He then went away for several minutes and came back and told me he was transferring me to yet another agent and then left.  The screen told me I was #18 in line, and I told the screen I was not and ended the chat.  Over an hour wasted trying to get something that should have taken less than 5 minutes.

Is NHL Center Ice available to purchase?  If so, how does one actually get it?  if it is not, why does your web site say that it is?

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

I just ordered it by voicing Into remote NHL Center Ice, it asked me to subscribe at 4 installations of $17 a month. I turned Bruins game on and started watching with Bruins announcers. I decided to see if I could record the game but it said I needed a subscription to center ice to record which I was watching the game live which means I have a subscription. Why I can't record I don't know but I will cancel it if they don't figure out the issues of offering center ice without glitches. They really don't seem to care about this package at all even though there are millions of potential customers willing to spend $70 a year, I guess that's chump change to a big company like xfinity. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this thread @Kenny325 and we are happy to help with the NHL Center Ice issues. To get started please send us a DM with your name and service address. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

It’s awful.  My games stop recording and then disappear from my DVR.  This is all Comcast problem directV subscribers don’t have this issue.  

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Going to cancel Comcast after 20 years and move to DirecTV I guess.  Sad.  

1 Message

11 months ago

Center Ice - Can’t watch LIVE hockey!

First year we’ve had issues with center ice.  When choosing a channel it sits and buffers (three dots) for a long minute, then you get two different error messages. One is “they’re having technical issues and working on it” or “if you’ve made account changes or if not, try another channel”.  So, I can’t watch live hockey on any channel, and it’s NOT a blackout issue either.  However, if you record the game and then go to your dvr  bank, the game is there.  Tried a system refresh (20 minute one) and everything worked for one evening, now, not so much.

Called technical customer support today, Tried…to explain the issue, but he didn’t even know what center ice was.  Said he was going to run a system check, that it would take an hour and he’d call me back to check on the results?  Not sure what he was going to do, but that was almost two hours ago and no call.  I’ve read complaints about this issue and thought to pass on the “luck” I’ve had recording a live game and using system refresh.  Why can’t I talk to someone who’s aware of this issue and not be on the phone over an hour?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_7gi9py @jiminnm @user_otfnzk Hello, thanks for letting us know about the Center Ice viewing issues. Here on forums, we fully know what the service is. We would really like to help. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@user_7gi9py​ 

yea I see the same problem. 
switching to DirecTV to make sure I don’t miss the playoff race 

New Poster

• 

24 Messages

11 months ago

I don't know why Comcast makes it so difficult to purchase this package.  I've had hassles every year, a different one each time.  It's clear that their so-called customer service reps do not know anything about NHL Center Ice.  After posting the above, I contacted Xfinity Support via direct messaging (upper right).  They addressed whatever issue it was and signed me up.  Sometimes that's the only way to get anything done with Xfinity.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same happens to me .I called and they had no idea what I was talking about.  They asked me to spell it out.  I gave up after 40 minutes

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Yes same for me.  It’s because they really don’t know what is happening. ;-)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@rd8515 Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team, and bringing your experience to our attention. I can see how frustrating it would be not being able to enjoy your subscription. We would hate to lose you as a loyal customer, and I'd be happy to assist you in getting this issue resolved. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name and the service address we will be working with today? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here