U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 27th, 2022 8:03 PM

Closed

cannot find the CBC

What happened to the CBC in our channel lineup? We used to get the Canadian Broadcast Corportation, but it is no longer in the line up. What happened?!

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_fae57a 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. If you would like to check which channels are currently included in your channel lineup, you can do so in the TV section of Xfinity app or Xfinity My Account website (https://www.xfinity.com/manage-my-account). If you are concerned about channels that are no longer included in your package, you can review your previous billing statements which will include channel re-alignment/drop information. These bills can also be found on the Xfinity app or Xfinity My Account website. I was able to find some information about the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) availability outside of Canada on the CBC website:

"Can I get CBC programs if I am outside Canada?

If you are outside Canada, you can still connect with the national public broadcaster on different platforms.

You will be able to access Live Streams from Radio One and CBC Music and our CBC Podcasts at cbc.ca/listen and from the CBC Listen App found available in the Google Play and App Stores. You will also be able to stream select on-demand clips from favourite CBC Radio One programs and look up playlogs of CBC Music shows on this site and app. 

Additionally, you can find news, sports highlights, and arts programming on the CBC Player.

Fans of The National will also be able to access the live stream for a short period of time after each episode airs on The National's page and YouTube channel

Due to rights restrictions, you will be unable to access any of the content found on CBC Gem, which includes popular programming such as Heartland, The Nature of Things and Murdoch Mysteries. Please note that CBC does not have information about when or if such programs will be available to international viewers on Netflix or other television networks."

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ thanks for the non answer. This does not even remotely explain why it's gone, and now that we know it's not gone system wide, just in our system, it makes even less sense....so Comcast in Seattle and Detroit have agreements but Comcast in VT does not?! That does not seem super efficient to me....

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ comcast is lying again.  I contacted CBC and here is their reply

CBC Audience Services (CBC)

Jan 27, 2023, 13:24 EST

Hello,
Thank you for your email about Comcast Vermont's carriage of CBC TV.

Unfortunately, this change in carriage of CBC TV was a decision made by your cable company.
CBC TV continues to be available to viewers in the northern United States if their local cable company elects to carry it.
CBC TV does not charge a fee for cable companies who wish to retransmit our signals to their subscribers.

If you would like your cable company to restore carriage of CBC TV, please write to them directly with your request, even if you have called already and spoken to a customer representative.

Wishing you all the best,

Kim
CBC National Client Services

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I too had tried to find out why CBC disappeared. I called Comcast and got the same canned response that ComcastJessie gave here, so a non-answer. When I used to have a local Comcast location that I could call or go to, I would have found out the actual answer, bus, alas, that doesn't exist anymore. Luckily, my neighbor is a Comcast tech so I asked him if he knew why the channel is gone. While he didn't know, he said Comcast often takes away channels without telling anyone.

CBC has always been part of our 'local' cable lineup, even back when cable TV was only 10 channels for us. CBC was also the only channel I would watch live. Now it is gone, I have no need for Comcast TV service anymore. So, streaming apps it is instead of Comcast TV.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Good Morning!
@user_5ba3d1 We certainly don't want you to think that we want to take away any of the content you enjoy! On occasion what will happen is an agreement will come to an end with a particular programmer and therefore the content will no longer be available.
We work with programmers to re-establish new agreements as well when the options to do so is available, and are constantly striving to maintain and continue to provide the programming you love! I've included a couple of tidbits here that may be helpful when perhaps having questions regarding why these changes happen, and also a list of recent and upcoming changes you can expect!

How it works and also Upcoming programming changes

We hope that you find this information useful! And please, if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reach out here! We're available at all times for you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ So Comcast has an agreement with the CBC in Seattle and Detroit, but not in VT? Not a blanket agreement? That just seems insane to me.... 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ changes happen hopefully enough people will leave comcast until they stop ripping off their customers.  Changes happen

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_5ba3d1​ I contactedCBC and this is what they said.  

Hello,

Unfortunately, this change in carriage of CBC TV was a decision made by your cable company.
CBC TV continues to be available to viewers in the northern United States if their local cable company elects to carry it.
CBC TV does not charge a fee for cable companies who wish to retransmit our signals to their subscribers.

If you would like your cable company to restore carriage of CBC TV, please write to them directly with your request, even if you have called already and spoken to a customer representative.

Kim

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ 

I  don’t agree with your reply

I too live in Vermont

i have been watching CBC since 1970 including hockey night in Canada

I live 20 miles from the border

CBC confirmed in their post that it is available in the northern states

Why remove it from Comcast Vermont while it is available in Detroit and Seattle

Why are you are penalizing your customers  and segrating your viewers

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I get CBC Television on my Comcast cable it's been here for years. I'm a Comcast customer in the Seattle area

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Not a fake psot. Comcast/Xfinity in the Burlington Vermont area appears to have dropped both CBC French and English services from Montreal some time in the last month.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_user213f83, I would love to look into your channel lineup with you further. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_213f83​ I contacted CBC and here is what they said

Hello,

Kim

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here