U

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Saturday, September 30th, 2023 7:21 PM

Closed

Can we not get English Premier League in 4K?

I find it amazing that Comcast who owns Xfinity, NBC Sports 4K, and Sky Sports Ultra HDR, cannot simply pass the 4K feed from these games who mostly use 4K cameras to us here in the USA, ESPECIALLY through Xfinity who they own. Watching a full field shot you can hardly make out the number on the back of the player, forget the name. I had YouTube TV last year and was fortunate enough to see the difference between the “HD” feed and the NBC Sports 4K. Wow! The difference is staggering. The “HD” looks like complete [Edited: "Language"], while the 4K on a 70+inch TV or 4K projector is almost as good as being there in person. PLEASE! You have the power to make this happen. I dropped my Peacock TV this year because they promised these games in 4K and didn’t deliver. I’d like to see this happen before I suffer another retinal detachment in my good eye, which would make this whole request moot. Thank you. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "Home Networking" help related. Topic moved here to the TV help section for assistance. 

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Thanks. Xfinity menus are not easy to navigate. They're anything but intuitive!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out @user_e3c854! So you've come to make a formal request to get English Premier League in 4K?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Yes! It's even in the link that you had posted for 4K on Xfinity that EPL games would be broadcast in 4K. I'm only asking that you honor what you say you have. Being that Xfinity, NBCSports 4K, and Sky Sports Ultra HDR are all under the Comcast umbrella. It really makes no sense that the "right hand should have no connection to what the left hand is doing" or so to say. It's not like you have to negotiate with yourself to get something, which is bordering on schizophrenic, Lol.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for sharing feedback on this matter, @user_e3c854. My understanding is that some select matches will be available in 4K SDR. Saying "4K" into an X1 Voice Remote takes you to the 4K page, where you can go to the Premier League tile. However, after they air, matches will be available On Demand, but not in 4K. Is your issue with matches on Demand? Or are you getting a specific error when you try to look for the 4K matches? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

No. Just the scarcity (almost none now. I've NEVER seen an EPL match in 4K on Xfinity), of NATIVE 4K matches. You'd think that Sky Sports Ultra UK (another Comcast company) which broadcasts over 90% of their EPL games in UHD native 4K, could be ported like NBC Sports 4K channel (shock: ANOTHER Comcast company) does. It doesn't even need for Comcast to invest in the 4K cameras and production equipment. If you need bandwidth there are plenty of SD channels which have HD counterparts that virtually EVERYBODY now can use (don't think there are many NTSC tube TV's left). Take the 50+of the SD channels (1-299), and drop them from the lineup, replace them with the 8 channels of native 4K that Sky Sports Ultra have in the UK and/or NBC Sports 4K Channel. It's time we had DEDICATED NATIVE 4K channels. Let's update Xfinity to 2024 and give us a standard of native 4K, not the 1990 standard of 480p SD.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

I have a scar on my right eye please get 4k premire ship soon before my eyes go kaput I'm 42 btw.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here