U

1 Message

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024 4:25 AM

Big Ten Network Blackout?

I subscribe to the Big Ten Network in Oregon. Why are Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA games have blackouts in my area? We want to see Oregon games? If Xfinity cannot provide it another service can. Please fix this.

1 Message

19 days ago

I also want to know this. Absolutely unacceptable for those of us paying for the B1G Network not being able to watch and support the Oregon Ducks. Xfinity, you owe your paying customers an answer. 

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

They owe us decent treatment - and this ain't that.

3 Messages

Horrible service. 31 year customer.

Tom K.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_d040an how are you? I realize it's discouraging when sporting events are not available in your area. I do know where you're coming from. These blackouts are due to license agreements with the networks. At Xfinity, we'll continue to do all we can to provide the best possible viewing experience for all our customers. In the meantime, test out the Fox Sports app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

All that you can is to settle with the Network. We are your customers this is on Xfinity to solve. I've been a customer for over 20 years and plan to move on from Xfinity if not solved by this weekends games and I'm assuming I'm not the only one

2 Messages

@user_d040an​ [Edited: "Solicitation"]! Researching shows me a $100/month savings [Edited: "Solicitation"] to DISH and getting the same programming and speeds. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

18 days ago

because these 4 schools are now "in market" and xfinity refuses to pay the additional cost in these areas.

I tend to defend xfinity in a lot of these negotiations, but its clear that this network has a bigger "in market footprint" and carriage costs will go up in these areas because of it

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

This is a superb way for Xfinity to push even more people off of their cable TV platform.

3 Messages

yep it is forcing me away after 31 years. T mobile internet and either you tube or hulu on the way. I have my own DVR and wifi.

Problem Solver

• 

763 Messages

@westwayneguy88888​ - for some reason, the "market" includes northern California, which has no teams in the Big Ten (Cal and Stanford are now in the ACC). Going by the replacement shows I am seeing, somebody thinks San Francisco is in Oregon.

The main problem with all of this, as usual, is, neither side is going to mention any specifics as to just what the problem is, just as with the problems between Xfinity and ACC Network years ago.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

18 days ago

I pay a premium for Xfinity—far too much! As a long-standing customer, I have consistently shown loyalty and patience, but this situation is unacceptable. It is outrageous that we, as customers, are forced to subscribe to additional services merely to watch our favorite team play. If my needs cannot be met by Xfinity, then perhaps it is time to consider taking my business elsewhere—[Edited: "Solicitation"]! Please let us know that this isn't true and you're actually going to air these games for the fans and your CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

I will be too if this isn’t fixed ASAP.

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@GRBU2​ I signed up for YoutubeTV today, set recordings for the Big10 Net Duck games (5 currently including the first two) and other stuff I used to watch on Comcast tv, and I'm watching some of the new content I never had on Comcast right now. Cheaper and more content. I'll keep Comcast a week or two "just in case" but I think I'm finally cutting the cord and taking back all those DVR devices finally [Edited: "Solicitation"] This and my Internet service will add up to under $150/mo which is nearly $100 less per month than I'm currently paying Comcast. 

(edited)

1 Message

How much longer until this is resolved Xfinity??? If early Saturday it isn't fixed, I'll be canceling my tv service and finding a streaming service with Big Ten Network instead.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_5nml7y Thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our team. We are here to work with you and we are sorry to hear your have issues. To get started please send us a DM with your name and address.Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

18 days ago

Are Michigan and Ohio State blacked out in their home areas?  I’m betting not.  It’s not a dispute, it’s a Comcast money grab. 

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

@user_kbqkjf​  because from the start, michigan and ohio state comcast operators have been paying the in market rate in these states

washington, oregon and californina had been paying the lower (out of market) rate to carry, BTN, now its time to pony up out west.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_kbqkjf Any games that are blacked out are due to license agreements with the networks. At Xfinity, we'll continue to do all we can to provide the best possible viewing experience for all our customers. In the meantime, we recommend checking out the Fox Sports app. 

1 Message

So you are saying the Fox sports app will allow a Washington resident the ability to watch university of Washington football today?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

18 days ago

I attempted to contact customer service to discuss this issue, but they disconnected the call on me! Each time I tried again, they hung up repeatedly!

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

18 days ago

Here is the Big Ten Network statement.

The Big Ten Network is proud to present an expanded slate of live sporting events featuring the newest members of the B1G conference, however, most Comcast subscribers will not see these games. As the one distribution partner that declined to expand along with us, Comcast Xfinity viewers in many areas will not have access to live broadcasts of the highly anticipated inaugural B1G season games for Oregon, UCLA, USC and Washington. 

If you are an Xfinity subscriber and cannot find the Ducks, Huskies, Bruins or Trojans on the Big Ten Network in your area, please contact 1-800-Comcast or go to ALLBTNGAMES.com.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

18 days ago

This is OUTRAGEOUS. I signed up for the added BIG1 network, paying extra, so I could watch the West Coast teams play. This feels like a huge FRAUD as we were not told of this despite making clear why we signed up. Here's the deal Comcast/Xfinity. Either give us the full BIG1 schedule, without the blackouts you didn't tell us about, or you will lose this customer for good. There are too many other providers who don't pull stunts like this! I know a lot of other football fans who will follow suit.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

@gooeyroo​ Agree and let’s not kid ourselves, they’ve had a year to figure this out regarding the Big Ten Network impact to Oregon, Washington, and Southern California.

Typical terrible mismanagement by Xfinity and the fact they are the only cable provider with this issue confirms what we’ve all known. They will lose more customers due to this than anything else - [Edited: Inflammatory]. Customers are always right . . . right?

(edited)

2 Messages

18 days ago

Not only am I paying an extra $10 for access to the Big 10 network, when I signed on with xfinity I had to get and expanded package to be able to see the Pac 12 network. When that network dissolved I was not offered a discount or refund nd now this?

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

18 days ago

Another greedy move by Comcast and then the company wonders why they are voted on a regular basis one of the most disliked companies in the country. This a prime example of why as it is never enough for them to gauge their customers even more. I already pay for the Ultimate package and the More Sports package but no that is not enough for this greedy company. And isn't interesting that so far no Comcast representative has responded with their usual statement how the company on a regular basis reviews on what channels to carry supposedly to save their customers money because they can't defend this greedy money grab.     

1 Message

18 days ago

I just signed up for the sports package to get BTN for $10 more per month, on top of the already ridiculous rate I pay.  Will be cancelling if they don't fix this by Saturday! 

1 Message

18 days ago

[Edited: "Solicitation"] I cut the cord and never looked back. My sports viewing has gotten better with alternatives mentioned (Hu, Fu, You). 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

17 days ago

here in the midwest BTN is part of a regular tier of channels

if , out west, you have toi pay EXTRA for sports and entertainment package to get the channel and its still not enough, then I'd be super angry as well.

Unless the crux is that BTN demands the channel be OFF the sports package, and in a regular digital tier AND the extra $$.

sometimes you have to read between the lines or been around long enough to see how the game is played.

(edited)

3 Messages

17 days ago

I recently signed up for the BIG10 only to watch my Oregon Ducks. Now I get hit with a blackout. Totally an immoral policy from xfinity. After being a customer for 31 years, yes look it up, I am forced to go elswwhere. This will poison the well for me. The last nail in the coffin for Comcast/Xfinity.

Tom [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

1 Message

23 years for me with them. I called them on Saturday and gave them a week to fix this. After that it is b-bye Comcast/Xfinity.

3 Messages

17 days ago

I pay extra for Comcast’s sports package, which used to include the PAC-12 Network.  Comcast didn’t reduce my rate when the PAC-12 Network disappeared, so I expected I could watch Washington, Oregon, UCLA & USC games on the Big10 network this season.  It’s unacceptable they won’t show these games!  Time to cut the cord!

1 Message

17 days ago

I agree,  just poor service.  Using our disappointment as a bargaining chip.  Problem with the move, we are going to blame the service provider for not serving its customers, and not the sports conference.  Looking into other services as we speak.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here