U

3 Messages

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 8:53 PM

BIG 10 NETWORK BLACKOUTS!!

In addition to their non-existent customer service, [Edited: Inflammatory]!!   I have paid extra to subscribe to all college, NFL football games and The Tennis Channel.  Much to my dismay, Comcast has chosen to blackout all West Coast college football games.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  [Edited: Soliciting]  I have , most unfortunately, been a Comcast  bundled customer for 24 years.  Their service is terrible, prices are exorbitant, Comcast goes out frequently,  programming (or lack thereof) [Edited; Language]!!  Comcast bleeds us dry charging for additional TV channels, ie; college and NFL football and The Tennis, Channel, and yet Comcast WILL NOT provide us service to watch any West Coast collegiate football games for which we anxiously await each fall and are extremely important to us alumni/fans. 

Jana [Edited: Personal Information]

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

16 days ago

Er, I saw USC play LSU on Xfinity - something that a considerable number of people with DirecTV couldn't do, mind you, as the game was blacked out pretty much anywhere where the local ABC station is owned by Disney, including New York and Los Angeles. (You think that's bad? Wait until next Monday, when Monday Night Football starts, and they can't watch that game either - especially in San Francisco, as the 49ers are playing.) It's only games on Big Ten Network involving that conference's four western teams that are blacked out, and don't expect it to end soon, as you have to remember that most USC and UCLA fans live in southern California, where Xfinity is pretty much non-existent.

3 Messages

15 days ago

This is ridiculous.  I pay an additional 10 dollars to get the Big10 network and that still isn't enough money for xfinity to provide my favorite college football team on TV!!!  If the fools that make the business decisions at Xfinity cannot get it together on this matter I'll be doing something that I've been contemplating for quite a while now.  Switching my internet and TV to another provider.  There are too many other options out there that are as good or better than the service I've been receiving from Comcast for Xfinity to withhold promised services from their customers.  Not only is xfinity breaking their promises to customers but Xfinity is also jeopardizing their share of a very competitive TV/internet market.  It seems a simple enough thing to ask that I'm able to watch my alma matter live on game day.  Let's get your act together Comcast and think of someone besides your executive branch.  Without your customers you don't have a business.

3 Messages

Well said!!!  I concur with everything you posted!!

1 Message

Agreed!! This is ridiculous.  Comcast is definitely not paying attention to their demographics and who are their subscribers.

3 Messages

Absolutely ridiculous!!  After 30 years time to cut the cord I guess.  This is totally unacceptable!!!!!!!

3 Messages

Direct TV blacked out their paying customers after Xfinity did us. Direct TV has already solved the problem for their customers. Can't even get an update from Xfinity. Direct TV cares about their customers. Xfinity clearly doesn't

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

14 days ago

@user_fy939r Hello and good afternoon. Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts in the community. I appreciate it and are happy you thought of us to assist. I know how important it is to have the entertainment you want. We thank you for letting us know how you feel about the Big 10 changes. Games exclusive to Big 10 Network for several college teams are not available through Xfinity or Comcast Business at this time. That means they have a select group of content not granted to us, and that is impacting our customers.

As it is exclusive content to them only, and they are not sharing the rights to air the content through us, it is not available to stream or enjoy through live TV. If you would like to enjoy the content through us, please contact the Big 10 Network directly and ask them to grant Comcast customers all the games available within their network.

We still have many games, and some of the missing events can still be found on other channels in your subscription.

• Say “UCLA football” (or something similar) into the Xfinity Voice Remote .
  • Use the C button on their Xfinity Voice Remote to launch the X1 Sports app.
  • Use the on-screen guide to find affected games that may be available on other channels.
    • Note: the on-screen guide may not be up-to-date, reflecting the wrong program information according to what is actually playing.

3 Messages

What nonsense!!   Why is it that Xfinity is the only provider that lacks the additional Big10 teams?  Very simply put Comcast is unwilling to pay what every other provider was happy to pay for the west coast team games.  This is NOT about Big10 charging exorbitant fees.  This is about Xfinity's uncaring attitude regarding it's customer's needs.  Come on big money cable Comcast.  Take care of your people and quit making lame excuses for your cheapness.  

3 Messages

Exactly! I spent days on the phone with them and was told by Comcast that they didn't "buy in" to the expansion. There's enough blame to go around, but their own staff said Comcast could fix this

New Poster

• 

26 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ WHAT ?  Do you even understand what is going on here ?  The BIG10 network isn't stopping us from watching these games... COMCAST is !  COMCAST has even admitted they don't want to pay for the rights to broadcast the sports of Washington, Oregon, UCLA, and USC. I pay for the BIG10 Network and can watch EVERY game or sport of ANY BIG10 school except these schools !  FIX IT and stop patronizing your customers !

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for the response, and we understand where you are coming from with the recent changes. At this time, Xfinity does not have the rights to broadcast specific schools in Washington, Oregon, and California. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and at this time we do not have an update/ if it is returning. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are happy to help. 

Most of the games for these universities may be available on other channels, networks, or streaming platforms.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

What Xfinity is conveniently not mentioning is that it places the big ten network on the basic tier in every other big ten state, so Oregon and Washington xfinity customers  are not only being treated differently that the customers of other cable companies in their own state, but also differently than xfinity customers in other states.  Strongly recommend that you switch to HuluLive or YoutubeTV.

1 Message

14 days ago

Comcast and the Big10 Network ought to be ashamed of themselves. This was a deal that could have been done any time before the season. To blackout games for new members of the conference is unconscionable. Not only does it hurt the fans, but it handicaps those teams with recruiting as recruits don’t get the chance to see the programs. It takes two to tango, so start dancing Comcast and Big10. 

3 Messages

12 days ago

I was told by a Comcast rep that it is in fact their fault.  I'm sure both networks can take some blame, but Comcast charges $10 a month for the big 10 network and we can't watch our favorite team.  Support even had the nerve to say to me ( in writing )  It's not like we took the channel away from you.  They also suggested that I can pay extra money to stream those 4 teams games.  I think over $250. a month is more than enough.  Tired of these money hungry companies. Fix it please.  There are so many other options for 1/3 the price.  

1 Message

11 days ago

Even if we could see the blacked-out West Coast games on Big Ten Network on Comcast, we’d have to watch them in Standard Definition (SD), because Comcast has chosen to carry the secondary feed instead of the primary HD feed from the Big Ten Network. No technical reason not to offer the HD version, since BTN is available in both definitions. Just poor technical response from Comcast. Both of our BTN network channels on Comcast (403 & 1313) are in SD instead of one of them being in HD. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_wz47fy, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the HD viewing, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 days ago

Agreed this is ridiculous. 

1 Message

10 days ago

Sad how a corporation like Comcast/Xfinity has no regard for its customers.  Unfortunately I wish I had the guts to just discontinue my subscription.  Where I am located good reception for local tv and streaming services are not any good without there services.  To eliminate the previous Pac12 schools that joined the Big10 from their network is just greed and a big "[Edited: Language] customers, we don't care what you think."   I shouldn't be surprised, it is the way of some big businesses nowadays.  Customer service particularly from Comcast/Xfinity has always been quite crappy when it comes to what and how they offer channels.

(edited)

3 Messages

I'm surprised that you can't get a fast enough internet feed via xfinity and then simply get one of the streaming cable services.  WIth the money you save on the streaming cable, you can get top of the line internet (that's what I do.)  If the maximum internet feed from xfinity in your area is so poor that you can't effectively stream, your local xfinity really is a dumpster fire and you deserve our sympathy.

3 Messages

there's a cost factor that doesn't make that viable.  I've tried every angle and it just doesn't pencil out.

1 gig internet 80 bucks a month.

decent streaming like you tube with local channels between 80 and 100 bucks a month.

plus I get discounted phone service through Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 days ago

Xfinity does not appear to want to provide services that are being paid for.  I specifically added the sports package which includes Red Zone and Big 10. Of course, the teams that we watch on the Big 10 are Washington Huskies.  Xfinity's service covers the Pacific Northwest and they feel they don't have to include the West Coast teams.   

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

@user_78ccfc​ Tell the Big Ten Network this. They are the ones providing your area with the "west-coast-free" version of the channel. You are paying for the Big Ten Network, and you are receiving the version of the Big Ten Network that the network wants to provide to Xfinity where you live.

3 Messages

The BTN offered in the current (west coast) sports tier is the the out of market feed (as it has always been), and they charge the cable companies the out of market price (something like $.10 to $.25 per subscriber per month, vs the $1.25-$1.50 in market price.)  Consequently In market games get blacked out, not unlike someone buying the MLB package without having their regional sports network with cable and expecting to see the local baseball team.  @user_78ccfc should simply cancel this out of market feed if he is only interested in his local team.  Again, xfinity provides the local big ten team in every market it operates as part of the basic tier -- except Oregon and Washington.  They are treating the customers in these two states worse than their customers in every other state they operate in, and obviously worse than their competitors, too.

Official Employee

• 

781 Messages

user_78ccfc Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

3 days ago

26 years a attbi, comcast, XFinity customer. (Few people can claim to know what attbi was in the evolution of this company). 
After the Big 10 Husky blackout in the Seattle market, I have plans are in motion to drop XFinity. 
No discounts or giveaways will resolve this bad customer experience. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here