U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, February 20th, 2022 9:51 PM

Closed

Authentication failed on ESPN app

Attempting to log in to ESPN app on my phone using Xfinity as my provider.  It goes through the authentication process on Xfinity website, then goes back to ESPN app with a message saying "Authentication Failed"

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

2 years ago

Good afternoon, @user_16f632

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing when trying to log into the ESPN mobile application. We definitely want to see how we can help! Can you please let me know if you have attempted either of these steps yet?

1) Try logging in with a different device/browser

2) Delete and redownload the app 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityMary​ tried both.  Same issue

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Thanks for letting us know @user_16f632! When was the last time you were able to login into the app with your information?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Never since I switched tv provider to Xfinity

Official Employee

• 

793 Messages

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps @user_16f632. Please send us a private message with your full name and full service address, so we can look closer at this.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityBilly​ how do I send a private message?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue and cannot get help from COMCAST!!!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue and cannot get anyone at COMCAST to help me!!

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_e0c40b, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I have often used my phone to watch some games and I can definitely see how frustrating it would be if my app wasn't working. Please rest assured, you have reached the right team for assistance. Have you already gone through the above troubleshooting steps?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue but it's only the SEC channels that are giving me the Not Authorized message. I need this fixed before the weekend baseball series start on Friday!!

The last time I was able to watch those channels was Monday, the problem started Tuesday.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_ead8ff​ SAME!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Not being able to gain access to your ESPN app would be frustrating. Can you please let me know if you have attempted either of these steps yet?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having same issue trying to watch SEC baseball games on ESPN+

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi everyone. Please try the steps above listed by XfinityPeterH first and then confirm whether or not the issue continues. If it continues, please provide as much detail as possible in your post/response when you report back. This includes the following details: type of device, version of operating system, version of the app you're using, etc. We will be glad to see what we can do to help.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Spoke with Xfinity representative last night and the problem has not been fixed through multiple resets.  I also tried calling ESPN customer service and there was no help there either.  The problem seems to only be linked to SEC games that I try to watch via SEC+ but am then redirected to ESPN.  Need to get this addressed prior to Friday games starting!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_4851b0​ Does a new thread have to be created in order to get a response from Xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! Just to confirm this is while trying to use the ESPN app that you are experiencing issues? Have you already attempted the following troubleshooting steps:

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here only secn games not working. Saying authentication failed. Seems there is an issue with the Comcast authentication servers. Been like this since Tuesday. I have performed all resets, called ESPN even went and changed out my box for a new one so I know it's on the Comcast side. More than likely their in house auth servers 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also having the same issue. Seems like it started 4 days ago. I can watch some othere games but noting from the SEC

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here