U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 24th, 2022 8:36 PM

Closed

Apple tv

I can watch Apple TV on one tv but on the other it gives me an error message that it is having trouble signing me in.   I’m already signed in on the other tv and can watch it fine.  Why does one tv work and the other not?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_9e2cc3, Thanks for coming to our community! This is a great question. I am happy to help troubleshoot that one Apple Tv you're having an issue with. 

Lets cover some quick basics:

Have you checked to confirm all the connections are finger tight and secure with that devices?

Is there a splitter connected to/with that Apple TV?

Have you checked the HDMI to ensure its on the correct input?

Do you have an additional HDMI cord to swap your old cord out with a new one?

May I also know the error code/message you're seeing on your Apple TV?  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityKei​ thanks for the response, all connections are tight and we do not have a splitter.   HDMI cable is finE as well.  All my other streaming services work fine on. Othe tvs, Apple TV is the only app that just works on one tv and not the other.   

I can get into Apple TV but when we try to select any show to watch then hit “play” it says

“verification failed.   There were errors signing you in.  Wait a moment then try again”.

There is an “ok” button but when that is selected it just brings the same error message.  We have tried this at least 10 times and keep getting the same message.   As said before, it works fine on the other tv.  

I also want to note that although it says errors signing in, I am never given the opportunity to sign in or out.  I get the main page with all shows like I’m signed in but when trying to play a show or movie that message comes up.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

The issue is with the smaller X1 box?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No, it’s the big one.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks. That model is definitley compatible with Apple TV. I checked everything with the signal and see some issues on the modem with T3 timeouts. This could be related, but the first step is to clear the X1 box storage/cache. This will clear all apps. 

1. Press the xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or home button (Flex) on your remote.
  2. Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon and then press OK to go to Settings.
  3. Use the up or down arrow buttons to get to Privacy and press OK.
  4. Go to Locally stored data and press OK.
  5. You'll see a confirmation window. Press OK to clear locally stored data

I also recommend unplugging modem power, unscrewing the coaxial cable from both ends and then put it all back. Check connectors and cables while doing that. Check the coaxial cable for the X1 box as well. This ensures a fresh check on our end with timeouts and to further diagnose. 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Ok we’ve done everything you suggest above.  Let me know if we should do anything else. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here