CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Wednesday, March 9th, 2022 5:43 PM

Closed

Apple TV+ app on Xfinity Flex and X1

The Apple TV+ app is available on Xfinity Flex and has begun rolling out on Xfinity X1! It will be available across all eligible X1 devices in the coming days.

Please see the following article for more information: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/apple-tv-plus-overview

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I click on the icon to go into the app.  I have an apple account but do not see a place to sign in.  When I try to go in under set up free trial, I get the verification code, enter it through the phone, it says I am set up and my screen will refresh, but then the TV shows a message that says I was signed out of apple tv and it kicks me back to the get the verification code screen ........... Please help

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@ferretgirl​ I'm having the same issue.  Go to sign on in mobile device, get the authentication code, says the page will refresh and then it says I've signed out.  Tried 4 times.  Looks like I'm not getting in. 

Annoying!!!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have an an apple account and every time I enter the app there is no place to log in with my information.  

I try going though the start free trial and then I get stuck in the verification number loop and cannot get out.

Can you help????

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The first episode of For All Mankind is not loaded correctly. It’s actually Episode 10 from Season 1. Can Xfinity fix this please ?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_912fcf​ 

We apologize you are experiencing issues with the Apple TV+ show "For All Mankind". Unfortunately, we have no control of the content in this app, we simply provide the app on our platform. Once you are logged into the app everything is then supported by Apple. If you have concerns about specific content in the Apple TV+ app you will need to contact Apple directly. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@ferretgirl & @user_55hju8 

We sincerely apologize you are experiencing issues when attempting to authenticate your account via the Apple TV+ app on Xfinity. Below you will find the full directions on how to complete this process. 

1. Launch the Apple TV+ app on your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box.
  2. You can Explore Apple TV+ or Sign In to the Apple TV+ app.
    • If you already have an account, select Sign in and press OK on your remote to enter the app.
    • If you don’t yet have an account with Apple TV+, select Explore Apple TV+ and press OK on your remote.
    • First time Apple TV+ customers are eligible for a three-month free promotion if you sign up via a link texted to you. See First Time Customer Promotion section for more information.
  3. An Activation Code and a QR Code will display. You can either:
    • Choose to use a browser on your PC or mobile device and enter the activation code at https://activate.apple.com to link your device, or
    • Capture the QR code using your mobile phone camera or QR code reader to access Apple’s sign in/sign up flow.
      The Two Ways to Create Apple ID page is displayed with the option to visit the website or scan a QR code.

4. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your billing details to complete your subscription.
    The AppleTV page is displayed with the prompt to sign in with your Apple ID.

The Create Apple ID page is displayed.

The Add Payment Method page is displayed.

The Apple ID Created page is displayed.

The Signed In page is displayed with a message that you've successfully signed in.

To manage your subscription, go to https://tv.apple.com/settings.

Please let us know if you have any other question. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ This is not the solution. If you notice in your very last screenshot it says that your TV will refresh - that is where the problem exists. When it refreshes, it logs us out, and tells us we need to login again. When we select the option to login again, it takes us right back to the screen with the activation code or QR code options. This happens continuously each time we login, hence the endless loop. The trial version of the app seems to work fine but the full app does not allow users to login.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

I have the same problem. I cannot get out of the loop you're describing. Apple knows my TV and has verified it, but when I try to watch Apple TV, keep getting sent back to verify again and again. It's very discouraging--NONE of the other apps do this.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m also having the same problem with the endless loop after authenticating on my TV.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@AB95​ edit to my original post - appears that the engineers have corrected the issue and the login loop has been eliminated. Thanks Xfinity!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here. The endless loop.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here.  After the tv refreshes, it automatically logs out of the app and then requests to login again to access app.  

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there, @user_274f05. Thank you for creating the comment. Just to make sure I understand, this happens when the cable box updates? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I tried to sign up and it sent me a link via text. I did the steps to set up an account, but was never sent the verification code via email. I checked the spam folder and my email server. It never arrived. I've been on the fence about subscribing to Apple tv so this was an opportunity to try it. Sad that it doesn't work and it's too complicated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @threadmaster, thanks for reaching out for help with your Apple TV account creation. If you have an Apple device you can try signing up through Apple, and then using that login through the Flex App. Also, have you tried using the QR code instead of signing up through the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Using the QR code got me out of the endless loop!

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

This WORKS, folks! I was so relieved after getting all kinds of complicated responses to my own post. The first time I tried it, it didn't work. But this time...pow! Went right through. I was so happy! Thank you @Lisa5326! 

Visitor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to sign up after much frustration.  I already had an apple id because I have itunes on the pc.  I logged in, did the QR code and then it wanted a code that was on my Apple Device.......ummmmmm......I must have an apple device to sign up for Apple TV?   Fortunately, I have an old ipad mini (hated it), I had to blow the dust off of it, pray it would charge and finally was able to get a code off the device to input to get access.  Shouldn't be that hard!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@pmelville204​ you don't need an Apple device, just an Apple ID. I don't own a single Apple product and had no issue getting signed up with a Gmail account and signing in to the app on Xfinity or on my Samsung phone.

Visitor

• 

25 Messages

Everything I read said you did not need an apple device, but when I signed up, logged in with an Apple ID (it wouldn't let me use my regular email, had to be an apple one) and then a box would pop up that I needed to input the code from my apple device.   I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I hadn't used my apple ID in quite a long time?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here