U

Sunday, September 8th, 2024 8:42 PM

added fees and charges

Why am I being charged for sports? I don't watch those stations. My bill has become the largest in monthly bills. Added fees and charges are constantly being added. I feel that because xfinity has a monopoly, they are "too big to fail."

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 month ago

@user_4thrss 

Why am I being charged for sports? I don't watch those stations. My bill has become the largest in monthly bills. Added fees and charges are constantly being added. I feel that because xfinity has a monopoly, they are "too big to fail."

Even though you don't watch those stations, they are included in your package, therefore you will be billed for them.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hi @user_4thrss  Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the RSN fee. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

The Regional Sports Network fee is an itemized charge. It isn’t a government-mandated fee and may change from time to time. It's based on the costs we incur to provide regional sports networks to our Xfinity TV customers. These costs include the fees regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable systems, which are among the fastest growing components of our programming costs. The Regional Sports Network fee isn’t included as part of our promotional pricing or pricing under your contract and can increase during your promotion or contract. You'll receive advance notice before an increase takes effect. With your current level of service, there would be this charge associated with your Xfinity billing statement. 

If you would like to look at options available to you for lowering the bill please let us know.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here