DHall156's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 19th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

ACC Network

Will Comcast be getting the ACC Network before College Football Season Starts.  i'm not talking about ACC Extra.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The ACC Network is available on AT&T U-verse. The cable carrier is the last major carrier in the area to add the new network, which was already available on Spectrum, Google Fiber TV, DirecTV (owned by AT&T) and DISH Network. SHAME ON COMCAST!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Please get the ACC network!! This is getting really ridiculous that my bill keeps going up but no acc network anywhere to be found. Please do the right thing and get your sports fans the acc network

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Seriously, Xfinity does not carry the ACC Netowork?!  ACC Netrok was launch in August 2019, it's February 2020, how long does it take to come to an agreement?  Unreal!

Maybe it's time to cut the cord if they do not provide services that other providers do!

Here's a list of providers that do! 

AT&T Live Now

Direct TV

DISH

Hulu

Sling

Verizon FIOS

Vdgo

YouTube TV

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What is the plan for getting the ACC network? I live in the Atlanta area and I get the SEC network (makes sense), the Big Ten network (???), and the PAC 12 network (?!?!?!), but not the ACC. My son is telling me I can get a better deal and get the ACC network if I leave xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I don't get ACC anymore?  Why?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

this did not work for me either 

i find it ridiculous that we do not have access to ACC network!!  

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

When will we get the ACC Network? We have been waiting!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I want the ACC Network on Xfinity. It has been almost a year and I am getting disgusted. If you do not start offering the ACC Network, I will not resubscribe to your service when my current contract runs out. This is ridiculous.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why is the acc network not available? I am going to move my service to hulu.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Why? Because there’s no agreement between the two. As a consumer, do what you feel you have to do

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

A better question is why there isn't an agreement between the two.  Is it Comcast's lack of desire to add the channel, or is ESPN's asking price so exhorbitant that Comcast feels it needs to take a stand even though every other provider decided it was reasonable enough?

Either way, it's a bad optic.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

4 years ago

It’s simple. Comcast and Disney’s current carriage agreement expires in 2021. I believe and I could be wrong but Comcast doesn’t want to open up this existing carriage deal or renew a new carriage deal if it’s not suitable for them. It sounds like Disney is asking for a high carriage fee for the ACC Network (owner Disney through their ESPN subsidiary) and where it will be placed in certain packages. Which is odd since all that ACC content use to be free on ESPN3. But Disney and ACC decided to make a new network for whatever reason (to extract extra revenue I’m assuming) and now trying to pressure all cable / satellite providers to sign new carriage deals.

And you have to remember at the moment Comcast is the largest cable provider and I think the largest TV provider in this country. So with them being large and Disney being a huge empire themselves. It’s like two bricks smacking against each other. Neither want to budge which I don’t blame them considering the current climate we are in at the moment with COVID-19 and everyone cutting the cord. Smaller cable / satellite companies have absolutely no leverage so they have to accept whatever terms Disney throws at them. If they don’t. Well Disney will pull all the luxury branded channels like ESPN, ABC, Disney Channel, etc. and that small cable company will have numerous customers calling in complaining.

The ACC Network (a relatively recent new channel) is a niche channel at the moment. It’s nothing like the big ESPN channel. It’s a regional network that Disney probably wants to be carried nationwide across Comcast footprint like how we have the PAC-12 Network on our Xfinity system.

So with that being said it’s a lot of variables factoring in why the ACC Network isn’t on Xfinity. Disney also wants to put Disney+ app (their new streaming service) on X1. So that’s another talk within the carriage.

And it doesn’t help knowing Disney will put some ACC games on some of their other networks like the ABC channel and ESPN, ESPN2. So that definitely slows down the process and makes Comcast not rush.

So I wouldn’t expect the ACC Network arriving to Xfinity systems anytime soon.

Although the cable channels FX, FXX, FXM, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild are expiring this month. And they are currently owned by Disney which they recently acquired after buying the 21st Century FOX studio.

So we MIGHT get the ACC Network this month if Comcast wants to renew and have those networks remain on the Xfinity systems. If not, those will likely be dropped and won’t come back till whenever Disney comes to terms.

Hope that helps. But it’s really at the end of the day about money and where certain channels are placed in TV packages.

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

Why isn't the ACC Network available?  His is especially true in the ACC footprint.  The SEC Network is certainly available.  Why not the ACC? 

This is the reason that I keep looking for other TV options.  I imagine other ACC fans are doing the same.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Currently my cable channel lineup includes the SEC network although there are no SEC schools in PA.  We DO have a school in the ACC (Pitt) and we have another in a bordering state (Maryland). Also Notre Dame, which has a big national following plays in the ACC for many of their teams.  When does Comcast plan to add the ACC network to our channel lineup?  I've already ask this question numerous times and have yet to receive a response.  Please add this channel!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

All of the Comcast competitors in my area are carrying the ACC network. I am very pleased with the Comcast/xFinity services and have been a customer for 40 years, going back to Adelphia. However, I am very displeased that they choose not to carry the ACC network. All of my neighbors, friends and family have switched to other carriers and are able to watch the Virginia Tech football games while I am relegated to listening on the radio.

This season has been disrupted more than enough by the Covid virus.

When can I expect to see the ACCN channel(s) added to my lineup?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here