U

Monday, October 21st, 2024 12:03 PM

ABC programming gone

I was watching good morning America this morning and was a few minutes in when the programming changed to WPIX news. Is this due to a licensing issue or something else?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 hours ago

Hey there, @user_5qdo8e! Thank you for creating this post about what seems to be a known issue that had affected multiple customers. To confirm, are all of your channels working properly at this time? You've come to the right place for help, of course :) Our team is the best at resolving issues as quickly as possible, and I'm more than happy to help if you're still running into any issues!

1 Message

2 days ago

Same here! So frustrating. Xfinity was no help whatsoever, as usual. 

1 Message

Same issue here. Streaming is doing the same thing.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Its finally back for me.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_40iepd Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We understand how important it is to be able to watch the shows you love. Can you confirm if this issue is still occurring please?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 days ago

No answers or updates from Xfinity, completely unacceptable .

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_tzn3gh Hello there! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team regarding your TV channels. There was a known issue, that should be resolved. Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 days ago

Same issue for me. Tried both the HD and standard version of ABC and all I get is WPIX.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_z9649k thank you for letting us know. This was a known issue that should be resolved now. Please let us know if you are still having issues. 

1 Message

2 days ago

Same here and unable to find any information on Xfinity as usual!

3 Messages

I pay $326 monthly for this service without many premium channels.  Please fix this problem!

3 Messages

Without ABC now (channel 807).

WPIX in that channel instead and also on channel 811.

I want ABC restored.

3 Messages

Thank you. It’s restored.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 days ago

It's been almost 2 hours!!  It started at the very beginning of GMA.  You would think it should be fixed by now. We deserve a service credit.  

1 Message

2 days ago

Same thing here & no info available anywhere, it just changed back!

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_sbmwxs Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We understand how frustrating it has been to not be able to view ABC. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue?

1 Message

2 days ago

I pay over 300.00 a month I want this restored asap. What is going on?

6 Messages

I second that!!  Too expensive for something like this to happen

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_jncz24 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We understand how important it is to be able to watch the shows you love. Can you confirm if this issue is still occurring please?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 days ago

That was weird. How do they get the wrong feed going into a given channel? Really, any of you technical wizzes, educate us?

Those affected should complain to ABC about this. Think of the advertising that was lost during that time, the programming they wanted to get out.

6 Messages

2 days ago

hi, the same thing happened to me this morning. Shut the tv off and on---thought it was me. I had to leave for work.  Has it been resolved?

1 Message

2 days ago

Same thing happened to me this morning.  I had to leave for work and couldn't investigate this morning.  From what I can tell, the issue has been resolved.  But does anyone see to know what the issue was? I can't seem to get an answer from Xfinity.  

6 Messages

I just called the 1-800 number and was told they are still trying to resolve the issue and are waiting for ABC to respond ??????????? Obviously no clue, no straight answer.  Was told I would get  a  text when it's back up

6 Messages

2 days ago

AND...what's even funnier is I had said to the rep that channel 7 was channel 11.  He said did  you try 807? OMG like really???

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

That's funny.  They have no clue.  Now where is my service credit.  I need my GMA.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

NJ50 Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your TV services. I can see how this would be frustrating, not being about to watch your favorite shows. I'm happy to help get you in the right direction this morning. Are you still having the issue, and can you share any error message or codes you are receiving? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here