L

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023 5:13 PM

Closed

"You are now required to sign in to pay your Xfinity bill" What does this mean?

I received an email stating, "You are now required to sign in to pay your Xfinity bill". I read through it and it is the most ridiculous and inconvenient thing this company can do to me. You see, I have a representative payee that takes care for all of my finances. Which includes bills. They're in charge of paying for everything

So when I received this email, I had panicked. My payee doesn't have access to my credentials. Does this mean I have to login the day my bill is due before my payee is able to pay for it? Since I'm not in control of my finances, I'm not able to pay for it myself. 

Xfinity really hasn't thought through with this new requirement. If I have someone else paying for the bill every month, why would I need to sign into my account before the payment goes through?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

724 Messages

10 months ago

Hello there, @LightningVoltage ! I can understand your concern and I have a few solutions that may work for you...

First, you could create an identity for the payee to use when making payments, instructions on that are here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses

Secondly, I want to point out that while the requirement for signing in to make online payments is coming on September 6, you do still have other offline options such as calling in to make a payment and mailing in your payment. You can find out all the available ways to pay here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pay-your-bill-echat

Hopefully one of these alternate methods works for your specific situation! 

1 Message

This is a completely stupid move.  Why would you eliminate a way to make payments on an account without signing in?  My company has a number of units nationwide we have set up as corporate units and therefor have to be residential service.  If I need to create an account it asked for a social security number or mobile number, which is not used to set up these accounts but a tax ID.  We can't even "add a user" if we can't even create an online profile for our accounts.  

Other than calling for each payment, what other option do we have?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@corpunit1745 You should be able to access the Corporate Housing Portal for any account concerns for your Corporate properties with Comcast. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ I am having the same problem.  And no, the suggestions you made to snail mail a payment when most people do not even have checks or to call xfinity and be placed on permanent hold are NOT good options.  I login to my account just fine.  I can look at anything I want to except my billing.  Comcast/xfinity needs to fix this.  You are already a monopoly, now you are doing what monopolies do - taking advantage of and abusing your customers. 

1 Message

@MegOharrison​ I paid my sister's bill over the phone. It was all automated; I was never put on hold. If it pulls up your own account by your phone number like happened to me wait it out, say no, then enter the account number. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

10 months ago

That sounds like a phishing e-mail to me. I am always billed by mail.

1 Message

8 months ago

You can't even call in to make a payment now without it asking for a login via online or text with link. This is a ridiculous move that unnecessarily complicates the simple act of PAYING money to Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast @user_fi2ybg. We’re committed to securing our customers’ payment information. The most secure ways for customers to make payments are available in our online self-service channels and over the phone through our automated interactive voice response system.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

Yep - I can't pay my dead parent's bill because of this mess. A customer service person told me AFTER i said the account holder is dead that I'd have to bring him into an Xfinity Store.

Good thing cremation was his choice because it is a lot easier to bring in some ashes than a whole [Edited: "Language"] casket.

(edited)

1 Message

5 months ago

I'm already so annoyed that I had to log in to attempt to pay my bill. NO ONE wants to PAY our bills for us. Bad customer service all around. 

Monopoly where I am located and I have no other choice....for now. I hear Verizon and a few others will be available soon. Guess what! They don't require you to "sign in" to pay them....

Official Employee

• 

907 Messages

@user_s89kcs Hi. I am terribly sorry that online bill pay is no longer available without signing in to your account. I have the same thought at you, why would someone try to pay my bill for me, I should be able to do this without signing in. Unfortunately the restriction was needed due to issues with the payments processing. Now, by signing in to your account you can ensure you are making the right type of payment to the correct account. While it is an inconvience, you could set up autopay which would process your payment on the due date each month. This may be the easiest since it will process for you automatically. The other payment options are through the X1 cable box, simply say pay my bill, and it will walk you through the steps to make the payment, call 1-800-Xfinity, mail a check, or easily make a payment at our Xfinity retails stores at the self-service kiosks. 

Are you having trouble with accessing your account online or through the Xfinity app? I could help out, if that is causing you trouble. 

6 Messages

@user_s89kcs​ 

I just said this above too, but because of this, I can't pay my dead parent's bill because of this mess. A customer service person told me AFTER i said the account holder is dead that I'd have to bring him into an Xfinity Store.

Good thing cremation was his choice because it is a lot easier to bring in some ashes than a whole D

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here