M

9 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 4:31 PM

Closed

Will Xfinity participate in the Lifeline program?

With the possibility of ACP ending in April 2024, will Comcast participate in the Lifeline program offering a $9.25 monthly discount to be applied to your providers bill? Hopefully Comcast participate in this program!

See link below for more info:

https://www.fcc.gov/lifeline-consumers

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

6 months ago

All,

At this time, Comcast does not currently participate in the Lifeline program. However, we offer many other programs like our Internet Essentials service that offer comparable benefits and services. For additional information about our Internet Essentials program, please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/internet-essentials

Expert

• 

106K Messages

8 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

Hello Machiavelli777

Happy you reached out. That is a great question! Absolutely we do, lifeline has been a part of Xfinity for around a decade now. Lifeline is the government program, the service it ties to here with Xfinity is called Internet Essentials. I included an amazing link here below that will tell all about program details. 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/internet-essentials

9 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ 

Does this mean Xfinity will accept the $9.25 monthly discount be applied to my xfinity monthly bill? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

You can easily touch base with our Internet Essentials team to check on the options. You can reach them at 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376). That team is amazing, the training that team has is specific to the Internet Essentials program, the enrollment and specifics to the discounts. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

@XfinityThomasB 

Im confused....they stated xfinity does not participate in the Lifeline program at this time but you posted xfinity has been part of this program for a decade now!

I'm surprised no one can answer my simple question if xfinity will apply the Lifeline monthly discount of $9.25 to the xfinity bill. Anyone else can answer this?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am piggybacking on this question but I am looking at my state (NM) and it does not show Lifeline being accepted by Comcast/Xfinity for the state of New Mexico. This is on the Lifeline "companies near me" page. Can you elaborate on this?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Very sorry for any confusion. Since there is two programs right now, there might be some clarification needed. Are you attempting to enroll for the Affordable Connectivity Program? That is also a government program, that program has been sunset and is not accepting new enrollment. Below is a link to our website with our corporate response. The page has a lot of FAQs that might also help future questions that could pop up. Thank you again. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/acp-update

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

I was told because I am an Xfinity customer already that I can not apply for the internet essentials   is that true?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@kmalinchak yes, this is true for any customer. An active Xfinity internet service can't be changed to Internet Essentials. At Xfinity we do want to offer versatile product options to meet the needs of all our customers! Have you already tried logging into www.Xfinity.com and going to "Change Plan?" You can review all the plans you are eligible for from here. 

1 Message

6 months ago

Can I get my own gateway? What would the bill be if I have?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, user_d5nft3. Yes, you can. As long as it's on the list of compatible modems here http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ you should be okay.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here