KCurtis2's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Friday, January 26th, 2024 1:26 AM

I'VE HAD ENOUGH - Price Gouging By Xfinity/Comcast

Every friend/stranger/literally everyone that I've ever told how much I am paying for Xfinity/Comcast has told me I am absolutely crazy for paying $318 for Cable TV, Land Line and 1200 gb Wi-Fi and I totally agree. Recently they upped the cost again and I'm just fed up. I've since talked to so many chat reps, advanced tech, loyalty desk. . .to no avail. Most chat reps will tell you anything just to get you to not leave the company, you rarely get a human and if you do, they're out of the country and hard to understand with roosters crowing in the background! It went from $289 to $318 recently and then some chat rep promised I could go back to $289 for the same services I have now but also for Xfinity Complete with extra pods. . .and when I said how do I get the new box and pods, they had some lame excuse about Xfinity watching my data usage and how things work throughout my home for 14 days. I don't need or want someone monitoring my home for 14 days, I've since figured out they don't really do it for any reason other than to see how much data you use and what you watch. I have cameras and that's my security but also I DO NOT WANT TO PAY $289 anyway. They said I had a promotion which fell off at the very same time as the ridiculous increase, just more lies! My contract expired much earlier in 2023. I've been a customer of Xfinity/Comcast since before it was Xfinity, it was Time Warner. Loyalty obviously gets you nowhere in this company, new customers pay so much less than I pay or even have been offered. I am done and if something doesn't change immediately, I will change to something else. I briefly tired ATT Uverse for a month when my house caught on fire and had to be fixed, went right back to Comcast and clearly, they could care less. I am a senior with a son who has disabilities and trying to pay these crazy bills. Comcast should be ashamed. Not only for using lying out of the country reps but for the fact no one even told me my bill was increasing. In fact, it was just the opposite, I was told I was getting a discount for having my auto pay to my bank account - I had that already. I don't even attempt to call again, you cannot get a human or you  get a human after an hour long wait and conversation with a robot and you're lied to, no thanks!! 

Kat2C

Official Employee

• 

348 Messages

4 months ago

@KCurtis2  Thanks for the feedback, we understand price is important. Autopay is only one of the many discounts offered, such as multi product discounts and discounts for having Xfinity Mobile. If the current promotions are too expensive, downgrading the service to something more affordable is always helpful to save money. That will keep you with the same reliability you can count on with Xfinity, and the service you need in the home. The xFi Complete package does perform a two week review of the connection and drops the home has those two weeks. There isn't anyone watching what the home does online. If there are many disconnections, the system will recommend a free Pod through the xFi Complete package. You can purchase them here though https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-pod! That way you don't have to worry about anything regarding your network or it being checked for disconnections. Purchase and add the to your network easily through the Xfinity app! We also have many promotions that keep a discounted price for another year, once the promotional price expires. That is common, and helps customers keep the same service without having to call in again. That means the price can change after the promotion expires, and then revert to the daily price of service, a year after. Hope that helps you be confident and obtain a new promotion!

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

I've tried all of the above - my point is the chat rep I spoke to last told me "I was getting pods with XFi Complete at no additional cost. Also the cost would be $289". The emails I received from Xfinity told me if I had my bill auto deducted - (I've had my bill automatically deducted for a couple years now) I'd get a $10 discount and "be sure to look for that discount starting this month"!! Fluff emails instead of telling me I'm getting an increase!! And I didn't ask for Xfi Complete or pods. . .I absolutely don't want to purchase them. I don't like being lied to and then they want me to review them, I disconnected because I'd rather do that than give them a "bad review" but there's no reason to lie. I simply called to see how to lower this bill.

Tired of the price increases - even though I've had the service for 25 years. I expect a increases with anything especially in this economy but to be paying $318 for cable, wifi, and a land line I don't even want is too much. I ask about dropping it and they tell me to keep it because it will cost more if I drop it! Crazy responses. I guess I'm just trying to warn other customers that loyalty is completely meaningless. I will downgrade or cut out the service entirely. Most of my friends and coworkers I've spoken to about the enormous cost have already dropped Xfinity/Comcast and gone to T-Mobile internet/Wi-Fi or Verizon and some are using ISP with Wi-Fi. Any one of those are considerably less expensive and just as good.  I appreciate the responses but none of them have addressed the fact that you can't reach Xfinity without jumping thru all kinds of hoops, and if you chat with the chat reps, you get lied to. This is certainly not the first time I've been lied to by a chat rep. And it takes forever to get through a chat conversation or if you're fortunate to actually talk to a human on the phone, that's another hour of your time and the last few years have done absolutely no good.  

Kat2C

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

@KCurtis2, we hate to hear you feel this way and I truly apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you have experienced trying to get your concerns addressed. I absolutely understand the importance of having a manageable bill, as well as having the services you want most. I promise my team is here to support you and would love to further address all of your issues/concerns, and see what options we have that better suit your overall needs. We certainly do not want to lose you as a customer, so I would like to assist you further via a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Are you kidding, Xfinity?

What people want is a genuine customer service person, in America, with the authority to rescind price gouging. 

Publish a phone number to well- trained customer service people. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_01hgvi I know for myself, I like to save as much money as possible on my bills so I totally get where you're coming from. As a corporate team, I can tell you our options are the same across the board at every level. We are not able to alter promotions, packages or pricing at our discretion in any way and all pricing is set in our systems. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for and for that, I am very sorry. We always will make sure we're offering you the best possible promotions that we have available at any given time. Our priority is to save you as much money as possible when you are reaching out. I would be happy to take a look at your account or if you feel more comfortable and would like to call, you can contact Xfinity by calling 1-800-266-2278.

Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers with our current promotions if you wanted to take a look. Just make sure you are logged on to your account to see the promotions available for your account.  You can also set up the services directly from the website. 

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_3f849b, thank you for the detailed post regarding your concerns, I've love a chance to work with you on all of these. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 months ago

@KCurtis2 

"no one even told me my bill was increasing"

If you read your billing statement every month, beyond the "how much do I owe" box, you will find notes about your service including any increase in pricing.  Comcast isn't going to send you an email telling you about it because it's your responsibility to read your statement every month.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

I tried to reply to your snide remarks earlier insinuating I was incapable of reading my bill but for some reason it was deleted. I suggest you try being respectful and kind or at least helpful! The last thing I needed to read was your insensitive response!! I read my bill every month but I get a text/email first, then I have to sign into my account, find the bill, download it to pdf format, look line-by-line for the "surprise increases"!  It's not the first increase in the last few months - and your response has nothing to do with my point about being lied to by chat reps and customer service reps. I get tons of emails from Comcast and since they're sending all the sales and fluff emails, why shouldn't they tell us when we're getting another increase!!! No response from you is needed, in fact, I hope to never get a response from you, ever again. You weren't the least bit helpful. You probably cinched my decision to look elsewhere more than ever. Can't imagine why they would let you comment on a forum!     

Kat2C

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

This is definitely not how we want you to feel. @KCurtis2 We would surely miss your business. Please feel free to send us a direct message if you change your mind. We can help.

1 Message

2 months ago

I thought I paid a lot for Xfinity. I pay about $200/month. Looking into other options as I am paying for things that o don’t use and the don’t give the option to remove from the plan. Xfinity is a ripoff! 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Our team is able to help, user_s4kdd0. We want your plan to be a perfect fit for your household needs at the lowest possible rate. We will do everything possible to help.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

14 days ago

Its not even worth connecting customer service they will not do anything to help lower your bill at all. except down grade your service ,no special perks for loyal customers. and if you try to remove a service to lower the bill all they do is remove your discount on some stuff and bam bill is back high again with less service than you started with.  ontop of all this [Edited: "Language"] when you chat or call customer service everyone is from some 3rd world country that dont speak english or understand anything. you have to call or talk to 10 different agent to maybe they might do there job to solve your problem..  at one point does the government step and stop all these bleeding . this has just become robbery right in your face.. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

and another that this is [Edited: "Language"] why do we have to rent equipment or buy our own just to use the service we are paying for every month to begin with. that should be xfinity problem not ours we are already getting ripped off with high monthly bills to watch 185 channels that maybe 30 are only even worth watching and they stick us crazy modem and cable box rentals ? come on already.  there are other competitors where they dont charge for rental equipment fyi

(edited)

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

@andy1272​ I unfortunately spoke with two different people this morning - one was in a foreign country but she did at least have some tech knowledge. The other was the loyalty department and the crazy thing is after speaking to all these different people, the most they can save me even dropping down to basically local channels, I only save $60 a month - wifi alone is $133+ because they said we couldn't stream or have cameras, computer, phones running without having 1200 gigs+ of wifi!! That seems insane to me but she said it's only $10 less to go down to 1000 gb and another $10 less to go down to 800 gb. The fees charged for sports and tv are approx $70 alone and that's what they get charged so they charge it back to us - I have wasted so much time. My only alternative is to go with someone else entirely. But they said I'd regret it if I went with TMobile $50 or ATT Fiber because they downgrade you on weekends during peak times. I give up, think I'm going to do it anyway. What is the point of saving $60 per month to go down to having only local channels!? No one can watch as many channels as I have but to only watch local channels is ludicrous!   

Kat2C

Official Employee

• 

656 Messages

Hello @KCurtis2! We would hate to see you leave and would be more than happy to double-check options to see if we have anything that fits your needs and budget. If you are inclined to do so, 

please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

11 Messages

12 days ago

Wow Kurtis... I am so sorry. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. They won't change, don't let them string you along! Good luck finding another internet/cable company!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here