vkot's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 5:01 PM

Closed

Existing Customer Deals

Hello, I've been a Comcast customer for many years and the charge for my basic internet and home phone service have increased a lot. I see new customers can get a deal of $45 before taxes and fees for these two items. Is it possible to get that deal or something less expensive than my current cost? I read you have a 55+ option also? I should qualify for that as I'm 80+. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 months ago

Update: I spoke with a representative in direct messaging and he was able to get me a discount on what I currently have. He was very nice and answered all my questions. I received an email confirming the details of the new plan so we'll see what happens in the next couple of months. I hope nothing gets mixed up or incorrectly changed from this point on. I will update this post and close it once I see that nothing has been broken. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Happy to hear we were able to assist you with a new special to get your billing down. Let us know if you need more assistance in the future at any time!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Hi XfinityEricB, I just went in to check my bill and, even though it shows it for the period of 1/7/24-2/6/24 the charges are all the old charges, i.e. the total is $87.03. So there hasn't been a new bill generated yet with the new charges starting 1/7/24. The autopay will pay whatever is owed, on the due date (1/15/24), but I hope the next bill will be corrected. Or is it possible someone can fix this current bill so that it shows the correct charges before the 1/15/24 autopay? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

The billing will be updated automatically and can take a billing cycle to do so. We are happy to take a look for you. If you would like us to please send us a direct message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

No, that's fine. I will leave things as is for now and hopefully the next bill will refund any overpayment and will have the correct charges for the new period. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@vkot Sounds like a plan! If there is anything we can assist you with going forward, please don't hesitate to reach out as needed.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

7 months ago

@vkot Hello and thank you for your post. We are happy to help review offers your account may qualify for. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thank you. I sent the direct message. I hope I did it correctly.

1 Message

4 months ago

My bill just went up, I can’t believe my bill this month almost doubled and you can’t help lower the bills for existing costumers but offer rates for new customers 

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

@user_mx7rw1 Hello there! Thank you for sharing the impact this increase has had on you and the trouble you have had with finding a new promotional rate. I'm sorry that available options are not showing online. I know it's limited in many areas, however many times we are able to locate available rates for our customers on this side. I would be happy to help out and see what we have available. If there's anything to be done, we would be able to do it. Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here