H

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, May 28, 2021 2:49 AM

EBB

I applied for EBB thru the National Verifier. I was approved & received an application ID number. When I applied with Xfinity & immediately received an email recording my EBB application with $0 charge. The next day I received an email from Xfinity that stated there was an error with my application. I called customer service & was told to reapply.  I’ve now spoken to approximately 8 people & I keep being told to reapply there is a system issue. I’ve requested a call back from a supervisor & dealt with several extremely rude agents. I’m so frustrated with this! I am eligible & approved thru the National Verifier (government program) but Xfinity doesn’t want to honor the discount. I’ve heard every excuse from the Xfinity agents- there is a system issue, too many people have been applying, I was told I filled out my application wrong. Each time I’m told to apply again. Enough is enough. I can’t get a straight answer. #EBB

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

439 Messages

5 m ago

Hello, @Harvin79, thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have been having with the EBB application. This poor experience is heartbreaking because this is a program that is supposed to make things easier not cause frustration. Calling 8 or more times is exhausting. 

I am glad you have been approved by the national verifier and you have signed in and processed the application. This information is very helpful. When you have a moment please send a private message with your name and service address so we can help. Click on the little chat message bubble icon in the upper right and send a private chat to "Xfinity Support."

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@ComcastJosephB I sent a private message along with screenshots ofthe National Verifier email, Comcast email stating my EBB application was received, and the email from Comcast stating there was an issue with the application. Please fix this ASAP. Thanks. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have had the exact same experience.  Approved by the National Verifier, multiple calls with Xfinity, after every call I get the exact same email from Xfinity saying there is a problem processing my application. They must get paid by the number of calls that they take (not for successfully solving problems), because they claim they want help but each time, they have no idea what the problem is, take the exact same information from me, and nothing happens.  Xfinity clearly does not want customers to sign up for this program.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I have had the same experience. I called more than 4 times and same issue. Approved by National Verifier but Comcast rep keeps telling something is going wrong. The system keeps rejecting. They veriy all my details again and again. I tell and verify my name phonetically, phone number, last 4 SSN, Dob etc... But very same day I get email comcast could not process the application. It make me feel why Comcast does not want to honor the government benefit. Hope this message reaches the higher executives like Tom Karinshank.

Official Employee

• 

339 Messages

Good morning @user_d78d33 and thank you for reaching out on our forums! I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience and would be happy to look into your concerns further. To get started,  please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I was approved for the EBB program  and I have a Id number where do I put it at 

Official Employee

• 

73 Messages

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums. If you have already gone through the national verifier and received your ID, then you will need to go to https://comca.st/3wVe8yf. Use your Xfinity ID, and complete the consent and application process. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

Same experience here. Five phone calls to try and get something that National Verifier already approved me for three weeks ago. Comcast keeps saying something is not matching up with National Verifier info.  My name, address, birthdate, and last four of my social  are the only pieces of info, and, of course, they are the same as what Comcast was given 2.5 years ago when I signed up with them. I gave them my approval code and offered to send my acceptance email from National Verifier, and they say they cannot accept emails???   I am now told the ticket has been escalated for review, and I am not sure why that was not done already. Everyone I reach is in another country, and I have asked to speak with someone US based and was not allowed to do so. I have called the Attorney General’s office. I find this to be disgraceful.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I’ve literally done everything you mentioned- approved for the program, applied via Comcast, called multiple times, spoke to multiple agents, was told there was an escalation, was given multiple numbers to call. NOTHING. 

This whole situation is a hot mess. When they want the bill paid they call & stalk you but then you are qualified for a government issued discount they don’t want to honor it. Terrible. 

XfinityEva

Official Employee

• 

223 Messages

I apologize that this has been your experience @user_3fdc2f please send us a private message with your full name and the service address. I would be happy to help with the status of your ticket and next steps. Please use the chat bubble up at the top right hand corner of the page to send us a private Peer to Peer message. When selecting " To:" please make sure to type in and select 'Xfinity Support'

Thank you @Harvin79 we have received your private message and can continue assisting you there.

Much appreciate both of you for your time and reaching out to voice your concerns throughout this process. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Can you help me with EBB, I have been approved by the National Verifier, but Comcast has not accepted my application since I applied in May and again two days ago.  It said my info may not match the aapplication but I have no idea what it could be!

Official Employee

• 

180 Messages

Thanks for reaching out. You'd actually have to reach out to the Internet Essentials team as they would handle any issues you're having up with signing up and approval. They can be reached at https://www.internetessentials.com/ or reached directly by calling 1-855-846-8376.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

This has been happening to me since May 13. I haven’t spoken to and screen shot several chats and still nothing have been resolved.  Why is it so difficult compared with other cable companies, for xfinity to get XfinityEBB working smoothly.  I can’t even get past the application in step 3  without getting the same error message I received on

may 13 from xfinity.  Why accept the government program if you cant give your clients a decent access to it.  Waiting fir call backs  I never receive,  can’t get through on phone when attempting to call and my hands are tired of typing 30 minutes for each chat and still no Ebb credit.  What is your problem XfinityEBB.  It still cant be technical after 3 months.

New to the Community?

Start Here