m.c.v.'s profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Friday, September 13th, 2024 8:33 PM

Customer Service Agent Scam

A cautionary tale regarding a customer service rep offering a promotion that didn't exist, and how Xfinity expects me to pay $700 for that.

In April 2024, I had a problem with my email and internet service. After some troubleshooting, on 4/2/2024, I live chatted Xfinity and ordered a new Xfinity XB8 gateway to replace my two-year old Motorola MG8725 modem; Motorola's top-of-the-line device was no longer an Xfinity-approved device. After the new rental order was placed, the Xfinity agent offered me a "free iWatch as token of apology". Then he asked for my SSN. I didn't want to share that at first. After 45 minutes of live chatting to discuss the details, I finally gave in and placed the order. He had assured me that the $27.92 monthly mobile charge for the watch (which included the $10 line charge) would be offset by a $30 per month discount on my internet services billing. He repeated this a total of six times during the live chat. I have the transcript. For example, he typed specifically: "You will also get $30 discount by adding this watch line on your internet bill so this will be FREE for you." I asked why the discount wasn’t shown on the iWatch order that he sent me and he told me that it the discount would be handled by Xfinity Internet Services so it isn’t shown on the Mobile documents, but “please be rest assured”that the $30 discount will be applied.

In a few days, I received the watch and the monthly mobile bill began including the new charges. But I never got any discount on my internet bill. For the next four months, I live chatted and spoke with at least 15 Xfinity representatives and, more recently, Xfinity executives. Some of them created tickets and I was promised callbacks and "fixes" several times that never happened. During one call in July, I was told that the discount would be applied "manually" each month. On my July internet bill, there was no discount, but there was a new $390 "Disputed Charges" line item, and the Disputed Charges increased to $765 on the August bill. There was also an increasing negative (credit) "New Balance" on these bills (-$401.65 in August), so I thought this is how they would "manually"handle the discount.

I didn't make any payments in July and August because I thought the credit balance was being applied. Then I got a past due notice in my email. I called Xfinity to find out what to do and representatives told me that there was a negative balance so ignore the emails. On July 30, I was told: “… you do not have to make any payments”. I have that transcript too. On August 30, I came home after a short vacation to find that Xfinity had stopped my internet service. I called the 1-800 customer service number and explained the situation. They told me that I must pay the past due amount now to get service. I explained there was a credit balance, that I was told I didn’t have to pay, and the call was again escalated to a supervisor. He restored service during the call and told me that I would get another call or an email within 24 hours from a higher level with further info. No one ever called or emailed and, in 48 hours, internet service was turned off again. I discovered it after getting home after business hours and, at that point, I just paid the requested past due amount on line in order to get service restored right away.

The following day, I called Xfinity again and spoke with another representative. He transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor reviewed the records and told me "in her 20 years she never saw anything like this" and the situation "was above her pay grade". There were 7 tickets in the file. She said that she didn’t see anything in the records that mentioned how to address the discount. She suggested that I call the Philadelphia corporate office and gave me a phone number to call. Since it was 4:50 PM by then, I called Philadelphia the next morning and, after being transferred a few times, a corporate person escalated the dispute and gave me a new “ESL…” ticket number. The following day, I got a call from Xfinity Corporate in "Executive Customer Relations". He told me that this iWatch promotion never existed and that they did not have any record of the April 2 live chat transcript. I was looking at the two-hour-long, word-for-word transcript on my monitor at the time and I offered to email it to him. I told him that, in previous conversations with Xfinity people, they said that they could read the transcript. He said I could email him the transcript and he'd send it to Xfinity's Coaching people for "training" purposes. But, no matter what it said, it would not change the situation since it wasn’t currently on file at Xfinity. The Executive Customer Relations person said the iWatch promotion never existed and that was that. He did offer to give me credit for one month's internet service, which is slightly less than $125, including taxes and fees. I was hard to comprehend that a credit of $125 was being offered to compensate for an unacceptable expense of $670.08, plus fees. (I wasn't even asking for the full amount of the promised discount offer of $30/month for 24 months, or $720.) I didn't accept the $125 offer. At this point, I'm not sure what my next step will be.

Bottom line is the Executive Customer Relations person has refused to honor his agent's April 2 six promises to "please be rest assured" that a $30/month discount would be applied to offset the $27.92 charge for the watch. I'm expected to pay for the watch for the next 24 months with no offsetting credit, and that's that. And the Executive Customer Relations person told me there is no one else at Xfinity that could speak with me about this. I guess my 10+ years of being an Xfinity customer – with never a late payment until now - and the Xfinity Gold level customer status means nothing.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

7 days ago

Hello @m.c.v., thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the discount, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 days ago

Here is the original two-hour, April 3 live chat transcript that Xfinity corporate says they don't have. When I saved it, at the end of the chat, it was provided chronologically backwards and it's shown as such. You should start reading from the bottom and it doesn't really start chatting with anyone until 3:01 pm.

Now, I'm paying for the iWatch on the Mobile bill and not receiving the promised offsetting discount on the Internet bill.

Also, my apologies as I had thought the "conversation" was on April 2, 2024.

LIVE CHAT TRANSCRIPT (WITH CUSTOMER NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBERS, OTHER PERSONAL DATA HIDDEN):

--- Conversation on 04/03/2024 ---

Agent (05:00 pm): You can click on "END AGENT CHAT" at the bottom of the chat window and share your valuable feedback on experience I provided you today.

Agent (05:00 pm): Thank you so much you for your kind words, you were so supportive on the chat. It makes me more motivated. It feels amazing to chat with customers like you. Thank you for your kind and polite interaction.

******* (05:00 pm): Don't see where to add feedback.

Agent (04:59 pm): I haven't heard from you for a bit. I'll be here for a few more minutes if you still need my help.

Xfinity Assistant (04:59 pm): Thanks for your Xfinity order *******. Here is what to expect:

Xfinity Assistant (04:59 pm): Order confirmed on 4/3/2024. You will receive a message with tracking information when your order has shipped.

Xfinity Assistant (04:59 pm): Prepare for your equipment delivery by ensuring you have the Xfinity App downloaded. You will need this to complete the activation process.

Xfinity Assistant (04:59 pm): Thanks for your Xfinity order *******. Here is what to expect:

Xfinity Assistant (04:59 pm): Order confirmed on 4/3/2024. You will receive a message with tracking information when your order has shipped.

Xfinity Assistant (04:59 pm): Prepare for your equipment delivery by ensuring you have the Xfinity App downloaded. You will need this to complete the activation process.

Agent (04:58 pm): Stay healthy, safe and happy and hope you have a Great and Pleasant day ahead, higher being highest your feedback supports us a lot❤️

Agent (04:58 pm): Awesome !! If you feel that all your concerns are addressed you can click on END CHAT and I would really appreciate if you take your valuable time to drop your precious feedback about the assistance that you have received on this chat from my today ❤️

******* (04:58 pm): Sure.

Xfinity Assistant (04:58 pm): Hi *******. Your Xfinity order has been confirmed and will be shipped to *** ******, *******, CT *****. Let's get started:[PH:link:AT] Txt Help or Stop Msg&DataRatesMayApply

Agent (04:58 pm): It was an amazing experience having you on the chat, before you go, would you like to  share your valuable feedback on experience I provided you today?

Agent (04:58 pm): I hope I was able to address your concern and you are happy with the assistance you got and the Xfinity services?

******* (04:58 pm): Thanks again, Suhail Ahmed. No other concerns for today. I've taken more of your time than I had planned already. Have a great day.

Agent (04:57 pm): Before we wrap up , Do you have any pending concerns that you want to raise about your Xfinity experience so that we can address it now? As your agent today, I just want to make sure that we cover everything for you.

Agent (04:56 pm): Yes you can.

******* (04:56 pm): Sounds great on the email team. I can continue to use Webmail for a couple of days! 

Agent (04:56 pm): Yes!

******* (04:55 pm): Finally:-)

Agent (04:55 pm): Just to let you know the back end team is taking care of Email issue and it will be resolved with in 24-48  hours.

Agent (04:55 pm): Awesome!

******* (04:55 pm): Got it.

Agent (04:55 pm): Order completed successfully!A receipt for order  #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  has been emailed to  *********@*******.***

Agent (04:54 pm): Be rest assured $10 line charges are included in $27.92/month.

Agent (04:54 pm): Thank you for the approval.

******* (04:54 pm): Oh. I assumed the $##.## - $#.## was around $##.##. So I just clicked I agree.

Agent (04:52 pm): Smart Watches line charges  (1 watch)$10.00Apple Watch Series 9 Aluminum 45mm$17.92.

Agent (04:51 pm): No the monthly payment is $27.92 including watch line charges of $10.

******* (04:50 pm): Well, the monthly payment is $##.## and the line charge is $##/mo. for a total of $##.##, but the discounts are only $##. Not free?

Agent (04:48 pm): The $30 discounts will be added on your internet bill, it will not be mentioned in the order consent, be rest assured that discounts will be applied.

******* (04:48 pm): I have the order. I don't see anything listing the discounts. Is that somewhere else?

Agent (04:45 pm): Once done let me know.

Agent (04:45 pm): Perfect!! I've shared the order details, please check and approve the order.

******* (04:45 pm): Yes.

Agent (04:45 pm): Not a Problem, your satisfaction means a lot for us. I will need your approval to complete the order, can I share the order details on (###) ###-####.

******* (04:44 pm): Yes, please. Sorry it took so long.

Agent (04:44 pm): Yes that is the card added, can I proceed with that card ?

******* (04:43 pm): OK. Card ends in ####.

Agent (04:43 pm): be rest assured case and band are black color.

******* (04:43 pm): And the case itself, not just the band is "Midnight" not Silver or another color?

Agent (04:42 pm): Yes it is an black rubber band.

Agent (04:42 pm): The watch is with black band, and monthly charges will be covered with discounts.

******* (04:42 pm): And: Available in Midnight Alum with black rubber band? 

Agent (04:41 pm): Yes correct.

******* (04:41 pm): Available in Midnight Alum with black band? Since the monthly charge increases to $##.## and that's covered, is the $##/mo line charge still discounted totally? Thanks. 

Agent (04:41 pm): I haven't heard from you for a bit. I'll be here for a few more minutes if you still need my help.

Agent (04:37 pm): $27.38 is for shipping charges, sales tax and 9-1-1 fee, and Apple Watch Series 9 Aluminum 45mm and there will be pay today of $51.57 and monthly will be $27.92 which will be covered with discounts.

******* (04:35 pm): I think I get it now. The $## month fee is actually $##.##, And the initial payment is just that , an initial payment. Right?

******* (04:34 pm): First, I don't see how the numbers add up. $##.## today? How does that figure with the $##/monthly discount. Sorry, if I'm being slow with this. Also, I'm a big guy. I'd need the ##mm watch in Midnight Alum. with a black sport band. Is that possible?

Agent (04:33 pm): I haven't heard from you for a bit. I'll be here for a few more minutes if you still need my help.

Agent (04:29 pm): Sure.

******* (04:29 pm): Question regarding selection. 

Agent (04:28 pm): I see that there is an card added ending with ####, can I proceed with that card for pay today ?

Agent (04:28 pm): Monthly charges will be covered with discounts.

Agent (04:27 pm): I've built the order for Apple Watch SE Aluminum 40mm , 32 GB Starlight Case with Starlight Sport Band (Size S/M), and there will be pay today of $27.38 and monthly will be $18.33.

Agent (04:26 pm): Thank you for filling the details.

Agent (04:26 pm): Looks like you were able to complete the form successfully!

Agent (04:26 pm): Here you go!1

Agent (04:26 pm): Your personalized secure data link: ###############  Please use this link to our secure information site to safely enter the requested information. I'll be available if you have any questions throughout the process

Agent (04:26 pm): No, I will re-share the link for you.

******* (04:25 pm): OK. That was easy :-) Does the link still work?

Agent (04:24 pm): Yes after 24 months you can drop the watch line and the watch will be complete yours.

******* (04:24 pm): Then, after ## months, could I drop the $## line charge if I stop using its phone service?

Agent (04:22 pm): You will get discount for next 24 months.

******* (04:21 pm): Duh. I see. So it is actually completely free then. How long does the monthly discount last?

Agent (04:20 pm): No it will be covered with the discount that you will get on internet bill/.

******* (04:20 pm): But I still have to buy the watch at $###?

Agent (04:19 pm): You will also get $30 discount by adding this watch line on your internet bill so this will be FREE for you.

******* (04:19 pm): How is that free?

Agent (04:18 pm): The iWatch will be of $499.99 and you can get that for just $20/month, in that $10 for the line.

******* (04:18 pm): The bottom line is you can't tell me what the cost is until I submit the form. 

******* (04:17 pm): No thanks. I'd never use it as a phone.

Agent (04:17 pm): How does this sounds to you If I help you with FREE mobile with new number at no additional cost for the line as well ?

Agent (04:17 pm): I understand your side.

******* (04:16 pm): Not knowing what the total cost is going to be.

Agent (04:15 pm): May I know what is holding you back in getting FREE iWatch ?

******* (04:14 pm): Let's just drop the whole iWatch offer. Thanks anyway.

Agent (04:13 pm): Please let me know once complete the form.

Xfinity Assistant (04:13 pm): Hi, Xfinity here! Please provide feedback on your most recent experience with Xfinity.\n\nThinking about your online interaction, how likely are you to recommend Xfinity to friends & family? Reply from 0 Not at all Likely to 10 Extremely Likely.\n\nMsg&DataRatesApply. STOP to end survey msgs.

Agent (04:13 pm): The backend team is working on your Email issue just to keep you posted.

Agent (04:13 pm): I can help you with all the details after checking.

******* (04:12 pm): Also, I just thought:  is there a monthly iWatch service fee from Xfinity?

Xfinity Assistant (04:12 pm): The Xfinity Assistant can help you resolve many issues - simply ask your question below or visit xfinity.com.

Agent (04:12 pm): Your personalized secure data link: ###############  Please use this link to our secure information site to safely enter the requested information. I'll be available if you have any questions throughout the process

Agent (04:11 pm): I will share you a short verification link please fill and let me know

******* (04:11 pm): All right then, what do I need to do now?

******* (04:11 pm): not "know charge", "no charge"

Agent (04:10 pm): Yes there will be no charges please be rest assured.

******* (04:10 pm): If you can tell me, in advance of filling out the iWatch form, that there will be know charge I will fill it out. If there is a charge, I do not want to share my Social Security number. Maybe it's being paranoid, but I don't want to take this "risk for no reward". Thanks fro the offer though.

Agent (04:08 pm): For the iWatch?

Agent (04:08 pm): Shall I share you the form?

******* (04:08 pm): I just did.

Agent (04:07 pm): May I know i you have closed the form?

Agent (04:07 pm): Yes I am discussing with the team.

******* (04:07 pm): So when will I hear from the "email team"?

Agent (04:06 pm): The date of birth and complete SSN number to check the eligibility and the details Be rest assured this is SSL secured chat platform and that is the reason we are allowed to ask also it is masked when share so no is able to view it. These details help us protect customers from fraud and identity theft.

Agent (04:06 pm): Sure. Be assured my aim is to make smile and happy with the bet deal and resolution as I am also a customer.

******* (04:05 pm): Understood, and not trying to be difficult, but if there is any charge, I'm not prepared to risk the privacy.

Agent (04:04 pm): Please be rest assured I am here for you once you fill the form I will take care of everything.

******* (04:04 pm): If that's the case, I'll have to pass.

Agent (04:03 pm): If I see any charges I will also try to remove it or reduce it.

Agent (04:02 pm): I will check that for you for that you need to fill the form.

******* (04:02 pm): I see. Will there be a charge for the Watch?

Agent (04:02 pm): The confidential information you provide to us is masked so that no one can see the information provided by you. I am only assuring you about the security.

Agent (04:02 pm): The date of birth and complete SSN number to check the eligibility and the details Be rest assured this is SSL secured chat platform and that is the reason we are allowed to ask also it is masked when share so no is able to view it. These details help us protect customers from fraud and identity theft.

Agent (04:01 pm): No problem.

******* (04:01 pm): I'm a little concerned about the request for the Social Security number.

Agent (04:00 pm): Your personalized secure data link: ###################  Please use this link to our secure information site to safely enter the requested information. I'll be available if you have any questions throughout the process

Agent (04:00 pm): Great! I will share you a short verification link please fill and let me know.

******* (04:00 pm): Sure.

Agent (03:59 pm): Meanwhile, I see that I can help you get a Apple iWatch as you have a iPhone as a token of apology, would that be fine?

Agent (03:59 pm): Absolutely!

******* (03:58 pm): Hope this works :-)

Agent (03:58 pm): Pleasure is all mine:)

******* (03:58 pm): Thanks again for your help!

Agent (03:58 pm): I am getting in touch with the dedicated team please stay connected.

******* (03:57 pm): Got it. When do you think I'll hear from the team regarding email issues?

Agent (03:57 pm): Thank you for the approval. Here is the order Id XXXXXXXXXXXX####

Agent (03:56 pm): Here are the order details.You are ordering the following service: GIGABIT EXTRA for $120.00 per month. You will receive the following monthly discounts:CONTRACT DISCOUNT of $20.00 per month for 36 months.Discount of $5.00 per month including Autopay Discount Including Paperless Billing.You are also adding the following equipment and services: Internet/Voice Equipment Rental for $15.00 per month; Regular rates after promotional period are subject to change.You are removing the following services: PERFORMANCE INTERNET; Gigabit Plus Internet;HSD Service; Your estimated recurring monthly bill will be $110.95, including $0.95 of estimated monthly taxes, and government and other fees. Your statement is prepared one month in advance. Your next two bills may be different because of partial month charges or credits and any one-time charges.You also selected the following at no charge: Getting Started Kit Delivery; Lastly, I'll run through some important details about your order.The offer is subject to the terms of your 24-month term contract.An Early Termination Fee of $230.00 will apply if you disconnect your XFINITY TV, Internet, Voice, and Home services during the term of the contract. The Early Termination Fee will NOT apply if you cancel within 30 days of installation and it will decrease every month. An early termination fee does not apply if you are receiving an Affordable Connectivity Program benefit at the time of disconnection. Your pricing includes a $5 monthly discount for enrolling in Paperless Billing and Automatic Payments with your credit or debit card. If you cease to be enrolled in both Paperless Billing and Automatic Payments with your credit or debit card, you will no longer receive this discount. If you enroll in automatic payments using your bank account, your monthly discount will increase to $10.You understand and agree that your Xfinity services, regular rates, equipment charges, taxes, fees, and other charges are subject to change at any time, with or without notice, to the extent permitted by applicable law.You understand that your order includes Self-Installation. You agree that if you are unable to complete your installation and an Xfinity technician visit is required, there will be a one-time Professional Installation fee of $100.Peacock Premium offer (currently $5.99/mo. value) is valid for 24 months so long as you subscribe to Gigabit or a higher tier of Xfinity Internet. Upgrading to Peacock Premium Plus would be at full price. Activation of a Peacock account is required for new subscribers. If you activate a Peacock account and then downgrade Xfinity Internet to a tier below Gigabit, your Peacock plan will be canceled. Eligible users who already have a paid Peacock subscription must cancel their existing subscription prior to redeeming this offer. For instructions on canceling your existing subscription, see peacocktv.com/help/article/cancellation. After 24 months, your Peacock plan will be canceled unless you select to purchase a Peacock plan at then current rates.Peacock content is internet delivered and will count against any Xfinity data plan, if applicable.You agree to the sharing of certain personal information, including account, device and billing information, between Xfinity and Peacock to enable your access and use of the application and app-related purchases through the service and related marketing. Xfinity will process information in accordance with its Privacy Policy, available at xfinity.com/privacy/policy. Use of Peacock's service is governed by the Peacock Terms of Use, available at peacocktv.com/terms, and Privacy Policy, available at peacocktv.com/privacy.

Agent (03:56 pm): Perfect!

******* (03:56 pm): Sounds great! Took a while for Xfinity site to come up on my iPhone.

Agent (03:53 pm): I hav shared the order details to ###-###-#### this number please check and check and click on I agree?

Agent (03:52 pm): Alright!! For the Email I will get in touch with the dedicated team and help you after te approval.

******* (03:51 pm): ###-###-####

******* (03:51 pm): Yes, I checked spam. I spent several days troubleshooting myself and with the help of SiteGround tech service. They ultimately told me everything is fine at their end. 

Agent (03:50 pm): Could you please help me with the mobile number to share the order details to approve?

Agent (03:49 pm): No worries at all. May I know if you checked with your Spam filter to be sure that the missing email are not going to spam folder

******* (03:48 pm): let me know, not mom :-)

******* (03:48 pm): ## Hours/Tomorrow would be fine. Can you please let mom know what you found regarding email "blockage" on some of the email messages. As I mentioned, only Siteground-based email accounts don't work. DreamHost, Ionos, Comcast and Apple accounts work fine. (I'm using webmail for the SG accounts now.)

Agent (03:45 pm): So if I ship the modem with Priority shipment you will receive the modem in 24 hours. or if you want a fastest resolution you can pick the modem from the nearest store while I make a order in your account for the store pickup

Agent (03:43 pm): Let me check that for you.

******* (03:43 pm): When do you think I'll receive it?

******* (03:42 pm): That's great news!

Agent (03:42 pm): *******, XB8 is in stoke and I have already build an order for you, if not from one store the shipping team will pick the XB8 modem from some other store, so please be assured you will receive the XB8 modem ONLY

******* (03:40 pm): And one more thing regarding the XB#: Can you specify that the XB# should be shipped and not the XB#? Or can I pickup an XB# at the local Xfinity store in ******* CT this afternoon?

******* (03:37 pm): Thank you. All Siteground-baseds email accounts don't work. DreamHost, Ionos, Comcast and Apple accounts work fine. I'm using webmail for the SG accounts now.

Agent (03:36 pm): and coming to the email issue I will help you with it!! I will check fi there are any issues with your email reception and errors that needs to be corrected

Agent (03:35 pm): Yes, of course, you can return it back with no additional charge. but regarding the issue with the internet I have reviewed the notes of the  Harjeet  and it is stated that all the internet connections are good and your modem is receiving good signals if you are still having issue with the internet this might be because your modem is failing to distribute the internet signals to the devices

******* (03:35 pm): Are some of my email accounts not working because Xfinity is blocking ports, or...? MG#### used to be an approved device.

******* (03:33 pm): Have you found that my modem - router is the problem?

******* (03:32 pm): Then, when this came up, I asked Harjeet - When there were no XB#s in stock, Xfinity used to ship XB#s. I do not want an XB#. Are you sure that the XB# will be shipped and if it doesn't solve the problem, can I return it at no charge? 

Agent (03:31 pm): If you wish I can help you get the XB8 modem?

Agent (03:30 pm): Alright!!

******* (03:30 pm): Then Harjeet ran some tests and offered to send an XB#. I told him that I had bought the Motorola MG#### #-# years ago because you were advertising XB#s, but if one wasn't available you were shipping XB#s. That's where the confusion might be coming from.

******* (03:28 pm): No. That is not correct. Here is the first message I sent: Hi Harjeet. I have two problems. ## Ookla and Xfinity speed tests report ### to ### Mbps download speed. I am on the Gigabit Extra plan and used to get over #### Mbps. ## - Several of my email accounts stopped working and several correspondence with the hosting provider indicates a local problem. Can you help?

Agent (03:27 pm): I understand that you've received Xb7 modem and want to replace it with Xb8 is that correct ?

******* (03:25 pm): OK.

Agent (03:25 pm): Hi! My name is Suhail Ahmed with Xfinity Support. I see you’ve been chatting with another team member. Let me review that information so I can pick up right where you left off.

******* (03:25 pm): Is anyone there?

******* (03:23 pm): (Actually one Motorola port is rated at #.# gigs. Three others at # gig.)

******* (03:20 pm): The MG#### is advertised for up to #### Mbps. Plus, when there were no XB#s in stock, Xfinity used to ship XB#s. I do not want an XB#. Are you sure that the XB# will be shipped and if it doesn't solve the problem, can I return it at no charge?

Agent (03:18 pm): Meanwhile let me check your secondary concern of email issue and get that resolved for you.

Agent (03:17 pm): Let me go ahead and arrange a shipment for you.

Agent (03:17 pm): I would like to procced and help you with the XB8 upgraded modem so that the speed issue will get resolved for you.

Agent (03:16 pm): Sure

******* (03:15 pm): Just trying to help and not be a nuisance.

Agent (03:15 pm): Thank you so much for elaborating.

******* (03:15 pm): not hors,  hours

Agent (03:15 pm): Alright!

******* (03:14 pm): I just checked speed this morning, a couple of hors ago. The email hasn't been working since around Saturday(?) I've been trying to troubleshoot that with the email/website hosting provider. Some email accounts - with other providers - work properly but we can discuss that later if you want.

Agent (03:12 pm): May i know how long have you been facing this issue

Agent (03:11 pm): Noted

******* (03:11 pm): And the Mbps numbers are hard wired Ethernet.

Agent (03:10 pm): That's helpful.  I appreciate the additional detail. 

Agent (03:10 pm): Please wait while we run multiple checks on the WiFi health of the internet device and the selected device. 

******* (03:10 pm): I should mention that when I couldn't get an XB# a couple of years ago I bought a MG#### Motorola modem/router.

Agent (03:09 pm): Hang tight. The automation is gathering the network health from multiple sources.

Agent (03:08 pm): I am going ahead and start troubleshooting to resolve the speed issue.

Agent (03:07 pm): First let me go ahead and check the speed issue your are getting.

Agent (03:06 pm): You are welcome. :)

******* (03:06 pm): Thank you.

Agent (03:05 pm): I will resolve both of your concern one by one.

Agent (03:05 pm): Thanks for the info. I appreciate you taking time in reaching out to us. You are connected to the Technical team Xfinity Ambassador. I will take care of your queries

******* (03:04 pm): Hi Harjeet. I have two problems. ## Ookla and Xfinity speed tests report ### to ### Mbps download speed. I am on the Gigabit Extra plan and used to get over #### Mbps. ## - Several of my email accounts stopped working and several correspondence with the hosting provider indicates a local problem. Can you help?

Agent (03:01 pm): Hi *******, thank you for contacting Xfinity. My name is Harjeet. How may I help you today?

******* (03:01 pm): 

******* (03:01 pm): Chat with an agent

Xfinity Assistant (03:01 pm): No problem. I'll put you in touch with a live agent now.

******* (03:01 pm): Internet

Xfinity Assistant (03:01 pm): How can I help you with your Internet service?

******* (03:01 pm): Xfinity Services

Xfinity Assistant (03:01 pm): Thanks, I can help with most issues, but I’ll put you in touch with an agent if you need more assistance. What do you need help with today?

******* (03:01 pm): how to speak with tech service?

Xfinity Assistant (03:01 pm): OK. Which service do you need help with?

******* (03:00 pm): emails not working

Xfinity Assistant (03:00 pm): The email I have on file for this account is m********@me.com. How else can I help?

Xfinity Assistant (03:00 pm): OK. I'm here 24/7 if you need help with anything else.

******* (03:00 pm): No

Xfinity Assistant (03:00 pm): This concludes our troubleshooting, thank you for your time.

******* (03:00 pm): Website

Xfinity Assistant (03:00 pm): Good news, the connections and health are looking great! We have determined your internet connectivity issue is not related to your Xfinity services. Would you like my assistance with continuing to troubleshoot your in-home devices?

******* (03:00 pm): By Ethernet cable to modem or gateway

Xfinity Assistant (03:00 pm): When you experience this problem are you noticing it more with apps, gaming, or websites?

******* (02:59 pm): Laptop or desktop computer

Xfinity Assistant (02:59 pm): How are you connecting to your network?

******* (02:59 pm): No

Xfinity Assistant (02:59 pm): What device is having the connection issue? (If more than one, please select a device that you can easily troubleshoot.)

Xfinity Assistant (02:59 pm): Do you have a separate router plugged into your modem or Xfinity Gateway?

Xfinity Assistant (02:59 pm): Okay, no issues detected with your modem configuration. Let's continue troubleshooting.

Xfinity Assistant (02:58 pm): Hang tight while I gather your premise health details. This will only take 45 seconds.

Xfinity Assistant (02:58 pm): I don't see any problems with the signal to your home. Now let's check your modem.

******* (02:57 pm): My connection is slow

Xfinity Assistant (02:57 pm): Hang tight. I'll first check the health of the signal to your home.

******* (02:57 pm): Continue

Xfinity Assistant (02:57 pm): Can you please tell me the type of issue you're experiencing with your connection?

******* (02:57 pm): Xfinity Internet

Xfinity Assistant (02:57 pm): Okay. Since there are no outages in your area, I’ll first run a few health checks on your internet connection — just like an agent would.

******* (02:57 pm): Internet

Xfinity Assistant (02:57 pm): I can help you troubleshoot your internet connection. To make sure we're on the right path, which service is having connectivity issues?

******* (02:56 pm): technical problem

Xfinity Assistant (02:56 pm): What are you having trouble with?

******* (02:56 pm): Email not working + Slow downloads

Xfinity Assistant (02:56 pm): The email I have on file for this account is ************@me.com. How else can I help?

Xfinity Assistant (02:56 pm): Hi there, *******.How can I help you today? You can tell me things like \"explain my charges\" or \"show my account number\".Or, you can just select an option below.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

m.c.v. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can certainly understand your frustration, and I’m truly sorry for the confusion and challenges you’ve faced regarding the promotion. This is not the experience we want for our valued customers, especially someone with such a long-standing relationship with Xfinity. I’d like to take a closer look into this and see what we can do to resolve the situation for you. To get started, can you please DM us your full name and address? 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

I've DM'd Xfinity twice, once earlier in this thread and once in another thread on the same issue. I've provided my name and contact info. Since May, I've live chatted or spoken with more than 20 Xfinity people regarding the details of the customer service rep's offer and my dilemma. Xfinity issued at least two "ESL" tickets for the "elevated" problem. I believe that Xfinity has all of the information they've needed to make a decision. I'd prefer not to rehash the details again. They are clearly stated in my original post and in the April 3 transcript. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

In order to access your account information. We would need for you to reach out through Direct Message. We definitely want to turn this customer experience around for you and get to the bottom of the issue for you. We look forward to assisting you in Direct Message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here