A

4 Messages

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 9:36 PM

Closed

Comcast is becoming way too expensive.

My bill is now $80 more than what my previous plan I chose the last time I upgraded it. My plan page literally says "$130 a month" yet my bill is $211. And now the cost is going to up an additional $20+ in January 2024?

In addition, I am using my own Modem and Wifi Mesh Routers, and apparently that disqualifies me from using Unlimited Internet now, which I've reached the cap for last month and almost there this month. Comcast wants $30 more for me using my own gear? Seriously?

So by this logic, my new bill could be $270 or more after taxes/fees, for something I originally signed up for at $130.

How are you going to remain competitive? I am seriously considering switching for a fiber competitor. It's UNLIMITED and 2X faster with 10X faster upload seeds for half the price, and streaming TV plans are also cheaper with more options.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there @antdroid we understand your frustration with the upcoming changes and we can certainly help look into a new promotion for your services. You can log into your account through Xfinity.com to check out available options or you can also send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

1 Message

There are currently no deals at all!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_v0rqm7, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I'd be happy to review your services to see if there are any promotions we can take advantage of to get you the services you need at the best possible price. Would you like to give this try?

If so, to access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Tell me the name of the other option. I'm tired of Comcast's blatant price gouging and fees that materialize without any sensible explanation. 

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_4fld38 I would love the opportunity to review your account with you and see if we can help save you some money and provide an explanation for the fees you're concerned about. Just send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@user_4fld38​ in my area it is [EDIT: Solicitation]

(edited)

7 months ago

Comcast has been trying incredibly hard to gouge customers on bandwidth usage, too. While they act like 1TB is a lot, it really isn't considering EVERYTHING is digital nowadays, from downloading movies, TV shows, video games, music, as well as streaming them, in addition to just your average internet usage. If you have 3-4 people living in a household, it's incredibly easy to surpass the 1TB cap. They know this, which is why they want to add a fee to it. They've already implemented the gouge in much of the United States. Thankfully, though, there are some politicians who have stood up to it. 

We have a pretty basic deal with cable, phone, Netflix, and high-speed internet. It exceeds $250/month. That's ridiculous. I'd honestly prefer to drop the cable entirely and just subscribe to a few streaming services since I barely watch cable nowadays. Cable is full of trash that caters to the lowest common denominator nowadays. Just a bunch of "reality" shows, reruns of the same TV shows and movies, etc.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

runningincircles 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to check if we can lower your bill. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I completely agree. I got a plan several years ago for my house and another for my mom's house called X1 Premiere Double Play. I think it has pretty much doubled since I got the plan, now just over $300. It includes Showtime, Max, 260+ channels, and it had the Movie Channel at some point. Even though we have been customers since the 90s and probably never had a late bill, they are now taking away my auto pay discounts because they want me to get a new plan. Why would I do that? Why do they offer plans that people can't just keep for as long as they like, the way it used to be. They don't value customer loyalty. The fact that we have paid our bills and been with them for almost 30 years doesn't mean squat!!! They gave me small discounts a couple of times for loyalty but that was probably because they took my other discount away and I had not noticed. It really frustrates me that companies do this to loyal customers. Now that you have raised points about the internet that I did not know, I really don't want to change. I also have my own modem and router. I am starting to look for an alternative. I just have to do it for two houses and make sure I am getting a good deal. It is now a joke how everyone wants an app and people have to pay for every single thing. I feel for the hardworking folks out there that just want to watch a football game on the weekends and they can't even do that any more. The elderly really suffer. It all [Edited: "Language"] and I am tired of paying for everyone else to have free stuff as if we don't matter. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@tnt275 Thanks for reaching out, and expressing your concerns. While we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including the continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting edge technologies, and enhanced products and services. 

Don't forget to enroll in Xfinity Rewards to take advantage of some great deals, and increase the value in your services. To learn more, check out this site: https://www.xfinity.com/rewards 

1 Message

Xfinity [Edited: "Inflammatory"]....they have increased prices and decreased service. Never go paperless or automatic payments. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

And now our outstanding government is making us pay to provide service to people who don't want the service in the first place. All in the name of National Security. [Edited: "Political"]

(edited)

1 Message

7 months ago

My mom is elderly living in assisted living. She watches PBS and local NBC and needs the lowest speed internet. The best they can do is $160 per month. [Edit: Language]? I recently called to try get the price lower, and after a huge screaming match with a supervisor (after they told me I could switch to some new plan that would be cheaper and would include all the same channels, 2 visits to hook up and fix the new box, but guess what, none of the local channels included like I was promised)…now I had to switch back to the old plan but the pricing had gone up (surprise!) so after all that I am now paying MORE for the same service!! I called to get the price lower and the best you could do was raise the monthly cost!! Shame on you Comcast, this is despicable.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_hvmc6u thanks for your feedback. We are here and happy to help you with reviewing your account. In the future should you need help please follow our guidelines by submitting your own public post then we can provide you with the proper assistance. This will also help with tracking your request. 

Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I feel your pain as we have a similar set up- I told my husband to cut the cable and we are looking for better options. 

4 Messages

@user_0fe23f​ Good luck! After speaking with Xfinity to see if they could do anything for an hour by chat, I ended up switching to a different local ISP and cut the cord. Will be looking at streaming TV options for my sports fixes when I need it. Spent another 20 minutes this morning trying to cancel services with Xfinity but they tried to give me better rates, but it still wasn't good enough for me. Unfortunately, 9 years with Comcast, and I'm now back with the previous ISP I was using before.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_0fe23f, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the bill increase, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@antdroid We are very sorry to hear that we are no longer providing you with services. In the future, if there is anything we can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

1 Message

@user_0fe23f​  Yes, you cut the cable, then they squeeze you with the  internet bill.  You have to have internet to stream.  They are mad and are literally forcing you to stay with them. So much trickery, there internet pricing is OUTRAGEOUS.  They monitor this site to give you some ghost fluff script about an "Awesome Official Employee wants to desperately reach out to you by seperate inbox to review your account"  Hah, what a joke and a waste of more of your time.  We should all start posting the bills.  It is like robbery without a gun for services that use to be affordable.

1 Message

The problem is that there's no competition once they have your area no other cable service allowed there so we are forced to go with them or fiberoptics we need more competition once they see they are loosing customers they will be forced to lower the price 

1 Message

6 months ago

Agree. I have spent hours on the phone today trying to get what was promised by a representative. Only to be told that they cant do what they said and sorry they told you that to bad. Bill went from $165 to $230, and they removed services to try and get price down. I specifically told them I did not want to lose what I had. Seems like they will tell you anything on the phone not put notes in and then it is your word against theirs. They don't value the customers word. I now have less paying more and looking for a competitive solution. They make it so difficult to communicate with them. Only option I have to dispute is not to pay the bill, which i am sure they will promptly terminate my service and turn me in to the credit bureau. Unbelievable stance from supervisor. Told me to bad not in file or on my contract so it doesn't matter what I was told. It is a mis communication, then hung up on me and never tried to recontact me.  If I find another option, I will never use Xfinity again.

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hello @user_hbaw4p This definitely isn't the experience that we want for you as our valued customer! We'd love the opportunity to work with you and really earn your business and loyalty.  

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

@user_hbaw4p​  This is literally happening to us right now.  We called to cancel t.v.  in order to lower our entire tv/internet/phone monthly bill.  We had phones thru consumer cellular.  The rep got us a package deal, if we added phones from xfinity, that was approx $40. less total.  Great right?? THat was beginning of Jan.  Today we get 2 bills, one from internet/tv and one from phone.  $30 higher than what was quoted.  Spent a long time on the phone and nothing.  Guess we will cut the cable cord also!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_xjuc9o Our team would love to take a look at those bills and help get your cost down.  Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I agree. I pay $260 a month basic tier and internet, channels 1-299. What I get is 3 channels running Murder She Wrote 24/7, 2 more with Matlack, about 20 channels of 50s and 60 s reruns and 20 more just selling products and 3 channels I don’t get without subscription.  Then there’s 10 more of absolute trash reality. I am ready next month to cut tv and just keep the wifi, since I already have 3 subscription channels.[Edited: "Inflammatory"/"Language"]

(edited)

2 Messages

6 months ago

My bill is $297, I'm cancelling now

Official Employee

• 

3.6K Messages

Hello @Teshlovely12! Thank you for taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We appreciate and value you as a customer, so we certainly do not want to see you go. As someone who lives on a tight budget, I absolutely understand the need to have a manageable bill for the services you want/need. My team is here to support you and would love to see what options we have available to help lower your monthly bill. To best assist you with this, please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

4 Messages

6 months ago

Just coming back to this post 1 month later after my rant. I cut the cord, switched to a fiber ISP and saved a ton of money. Will be looking into streaming TV services when I need to watch live sports, but until then I am very very happy with fiber.

Getting 2X faster download speeds (2Gbps) than what comcast's max speeds were, and my uploads is capped at 30mbps (i'm getting 600-800mbps upload now even on wifi!) and even with adding my similar tier'd tv package and bundles back via a streaming service, I'm still looking to close to $100 monthly, but i can do that a la carte if I really wanted. 

The only thing I'm really going to miss with xfinity is free peacock, but that's only $5 for premier league football coverage.

@antdroid​ I would LOVE to go for the cheaper fiber option, but the landlord claims they did damage to properties installing them....but i think they're in bed with xfinity. Just the blatant greed and goufing od these institutions lately has been sheer madness.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

6 months ago

I was paying 170 2 years ago, now its up to $237 dollars. I'm going to cut something off, the [Edited: "Language"] with this. Comcast is getting out of control. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @Quadro. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, we certainly understand the importance to keep the cost as low as possible. We can help and explore options to a price that fits your household needs. Please send a DM with your full name and full service address to assist. 

1 Message

@XfinityGabby​ I'm unable to find direct messaging. I'm on a desktop. There is no direct message icon, no pencil & paper icon, etc. 

When I go to https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging there is nothing there, either.

How can I get in touch with support (again)?

I chatted with Xfinity a month ago and they quoted me a better rate which was supposed to start this month, but then this month's bill is the same outrageous amount that I contacted Xfinity about in the first place.

How can I send a direct message to support?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_l2ju7s This should help.

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

1 Message

I totally agree. My bill went up every three months, then every month. I called and just got the run around as if someone will help but they all say the same thing, it's a game. Then transfered and was disconnected.  I called again called and they said in December it wouldn't go up again, and what do you know this months bill is over $200. 

It's terrible to pay this much with no extra services.

Time to move on!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_eezh9u, thanks for reaching out for help with your account and billing. Our team will be glad to help however we can. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Once there, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list to send us a message with your full name and address.

1 Message

6 months ago

Our bill is going up $40 a month in February 2024!  That's a 20% increase for us!  How can that be justified???  The inflation rate was only 3.4% in December 2023!  

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_mtwg41

From my experience it can either be that your account has fallen off your promotional rate or it is due to price increases that you would find mentioned on your November or December billing statement. You can always get a break down of charges by looking at your billing statement. For the Xfinity app after signing in you would go to manage billing. After that click on current statement so that you can view the PDF. To view previous statements you would select statement history. If you don't already have the My Account app make sure you download it. It is honestly one of the best apps we have to offer to manage your account. The app will keep you updated on maintenance, interruptions, and other service-related notices. You can also troubleshoot, manage appointments, and manage your bill. 

If due to increases in our rates, while we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting edge technologies, and enhanced products and services. If you signed up on a promotional offer, you will not see an increase to the base price of those services until your promotional period has ended. Equipment charges, installation charges, taxes and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, the Broadcast TV Fee, the Regional Sports Network Fee, and other applicable charges are subject to change and could alter the total amount you pay during and after the promotional period. https://www.xfinity.com/pricechange

I am here to confirm what is going on. I would be happy to review the account for a new discount. Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers with our current promotions if you wanted to take a look. Just make sure you are logged on to your account to see the promotions available for your account.  You can also set up the services directly from the website. 

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_2p4eed! Thank you for taking your time in reaching out to us today about this bill increase. Bill increases can be a hassle to deal with, and we're sorry to learn that you're having this unfavorable experience. Our team of Billing gurus would love to research this for you.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

6 months ago

Totally agree! And then you spend 2 hrs chatting to try to get a new promotion and they offer you a savings of $5/mo. Comcast is a [EDIT: Inflammatory] company. Switching to internet and sling and the second I feel confident in getting internet from my cell provider I'll never return to Comcast. Internet only with sling may only save 30/mo but it's 30 extra I won't be giving to comcast.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @user_lntaup. Thank you for reaching out. While we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including the continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting edge technologies, and enhanced products and services. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

6 months ago

I set a new deal with comcast, same 1200 speed, house phone , but i had to cut down the cable to basic cable and now its $190. I have no choice but to stay using comcast, i mean one 190 is better than 240. I just watch stuff mostly on the internet anyway, buying blu-ray movies, etc. 

If they keep increasing stuff, and having no good deals, they're only making worse on them. But besides that, in a few months when i get new place, I'm only using cell phones and buying a roku tv and get 2000 speed, that should be much cheaper. 

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

It’s sad they take advantage knowing most people have no other option. What’s real ridiculous is my speeds have been terrible but they want to charge 100 dollars to have someone come out and fix their junk???? Wtf is that 

1 Message

5 months ago

I have decided to cut the cable. My bill is $260 a month. So, reached out and asked how much would it cost me for just Internet? They told me it would be $120! I was like what?? I only have 400mbs. The website says that 50 a month. My Son has Internet only and higher speeds and only pays $70

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_7xrmse. Thanks for reaching out with your billing concern today, and a new promotional offer. I would be happy to see if I have any better internet only deals for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

Is there a package where we can pick the channels that we watch 3/4 of the channels are not worth watching but of course I'm having to pay for them $313 per month can't pay this going to change quickly!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_67z4y9 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. There is not a way to pick just the channels you want to pay for to create your channel lineup. This is because Xfinity pays for almost all the channels in our different packages and what we pay determines the package level that each channel is a part of. Here is a link to our Channel line up if you would like to take a closer look at the bundles to see what fits your family needs the best. Please let us know if you have any quesitons. 

1 Message

5 months ago

They will just tell you that the way to lower your bill is to ADD an additional service of mobile. Like I’m going to add an additional service when you’re already price gouging me for cable and internet that runs anywhere from 4 to 40 mbps when I’m paying for 800. I’ve already got my contract end date marked on the calendar and will be DONE. There is no customer service when it comes to retaining current customers. With the streaming platforms and other available internet providers, you think we will just pay $200 a month to have [Edited: "Language"] internet and the same shows we can watch via streaming? Not when groceries and our mortgage cost what they do. You are a commodity, not a necessity and you should probably start to treat your current customer base as such before you’re out of business. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, @user_db761m. This is not the experience we would like you to have. We want to help resolve your speed concerns and see if we can find affordable pricing for your current needs. What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the speed concern? Did you try rebooting your modem manually or through our Xfinity App? 

2 Messages

@user_db761m​ they always try to offer you something else like an add on. Comcast is a joke. I got rid of them. I only stream 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here