U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Dec 30, 2021 8:55 PM

Comcast billing

I find it very disturbing that Comcast can send you a notice that there will be an increase in your bill AFTER they have gotten approval! As customers, we never receive notice beforehand so that we can voice approval or a statement against their business practices. I wonder if they will even allow this discussion to take place on this forum? I'm a capitalist, so I don't have a problem with any company making money, but from my view, Comcast is driven by GREED and GREED alone!

Official Employee

• 

209 Messages

5 m ago

Greetings, @user_937f4d. Thank you for providing your concerns and feedback here on the Xfinity Forums. Rate adjustments help us consistently improve our products and services, strengthen our network, invest in new technology, and cover the rising costs to our business. As customers increasingly rely on technology in every area of their lives, we’re working to bring them better and more reliable services. We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more detail to answer any follow up questions you may have about your Xfinity billing. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We'd be happy to resolve any billing questions. 
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasA  Sensational answer except for answering my major contention that your company never advises your customers ahead of a rate increase. Therefore, I conclude you are unwilling to address the issue. If your increases are justified you would have nothing to hide! I have nothing to hide (Edited: Personal information Please see Forums guidelines https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-guidelines/602da8fdc5375f08cd20b38c )

(edited)

XfinityJorge

Official Employee

• 

334 Messages

@user_937f4d Thanks for the response and we are happy to see if there is any way we may help you. Please send our team a message if you would like by following the instructions listed above. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
Again

Expert

• 

27.4K Messages

5 m ago

@user_937f4d Comcast isn't necessarily driven by greed, but by a desire to stay in business and offer the best product they can at the lowest price they can.  Of course, they have to make a profit, too, because a corporation needs to pay their employees.  We all would like to pay pennies on the dollar for services - of course we would! - but that's not possible.  You are looking at only a fraction of what drives Comcast's rates.  When you look at it in perspective you understand why rates are high.

Employees - those people that work round the clock to do their best to keep everything running, from people that answer the phones, to those wonderful linespeople that are out day and night in all sorts of weather to string and re-string cables.

Infrastructure - here again, all those lines have to be in place in order for you to have service, not to mention those pesky employees that have to monitor all of it in those buildings that need to be maintained.

The Networks - those entities that Comcast makes deals with in order to bring you all of the television shows via cable and streaming services [oh, infrastructure again!].

Actors, actresses - for those shows you love to watch.  Remember them?  They have to get paid or there aren't any shows.  Remember The Big Bang Theory?  Those actors got paid $1MILLION PER EPISODE!  And where does that money come from?

Writers, producers, set designers, builders, maintenance people, medical people, etc.  Yeah, they have to be paid, too, otherwise there's not a lot interesting of the show to watch.  I mean, the actors and actresses can stand around an empty stage and make up lines as they go, but would that be worth watching?

And then there's <gasp> technology, that bugger!  Without it we would have nothing.

And all of the above is just miniscule to what actually lies behind bringing you the series, shows, and movies you love to watch, never mind the devices that you have available to watch them on.

I know no one wants to hear it.  I get it.  We all would like to pay no more than $10 a month for the opportunity to watch Yellowstone, Game of Thrones, or whatever Netflix, Hulu, and Prime have to offer us.  It's a killer.  But maybe you'll be okay knowing that all of the cable/broadband companies have high prices for the same reason.

And just an FYI, Brian Roberts isn't even listed on the Forbe's top 400 of billionaires.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 m ago

Your comments are well stated. As a former business development professional, I understand profitability, but in the 29 years of being tied (there is no other cable system available) I have never seen a notice before a rate increase. There is a Metropolitan Board that Comcast must submit a rate increase proposal for approval, but no one including the regulatory board or the company has ever asked for consumer input! They just simply send you a notice of the increase. I cannot provide you with the percentage of increases that would compare with the cost of living rates over the years, but I am absolutely sure it far exceeds a reasonable return on investment. In relation to your comments regarding Mr. Roberts, Forbe's or any other publication has no absolute idea of the full compensation package for any employee of any company. There are a thousand different systems to pay someone. Thank you for your time and effort; I suggest we simply have very different views of how consumers should be informed and treated!

Again

Expert

• 

27.4K Messages

@user_937f4d Was there no notice in your bill a month or two before the increase?  I've always found the notice in my billing statement.

RE: Brian Roberts, I wasn't talking about a compensation package as that doesn't apply until he retires, compensation being given at the time he leaves the company.  His current net worth is $1.7B.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I also find it disturbing that someone can authorize additional equipment without authorization; cancel the order; send the equipment anyway; charge for additional TV's--agree to remove the charges, and then send a notice that the service is going up almost $30--and after talking to two agents on the phone, and 2 chats, absolutely no change or any interest in clearing up the problem

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I signed a contract to pay a certain amount for a certain service for a certain period of time. Xfinity changed the terms (price) with no notice.   Xfinity assumes no risk in this contract if they can change the contract (increase fees) without notice.  I’ve resisted dropping cable and phone and keeping only internet but these types of practices don’t seem to align with good faith business practices so maybe it’s time to cut the Xfinity cord. 

Official Employee

• 

118 Messages

@user_71813f I know that with the start of every year it seems we all get updated on new taxes and fees. These are not things that are apart of the contract or that we can change when it happens. However, I would be happy to review your account and make sure you have all your questions and concerns addressed. To get started, could you please send a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

Official Employee

• 

238 Messages

Hey there, @user_d60997! Thanks for voicing your concerns within our community forum. We definitely don't want you feeling upset or discouraged, and I'd love an opportunity to help resolve any particular billing issues that have not been fully addressed yet. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? We can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to Peer" (private) message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to Peer chat" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here