U

Tuesday, June 11th, 2024 5:37 PM

Canadian phone number not accepted in my account

I have an account ,at XFinity. Just received an email stating that they an text message and could not reach me. My phone number is a canadian phone number, and the web site of Infinity does not want to take it. I even when to an XFinity store and they told nothong can be done !!!

Now, what do I do to have my phone number accepted ?

To answer your questions:
Yes, the format of a Canadian phone number is exactly the same, as for North America. Format: 10 numbers = (000) 000-0000.
I don't have, and never had a previous account with XFinity or Comcast.
The email said: 
Confirm your mobile number is correct

We recently sent you a text message but unfortunately it was not delivered.

Please take a moment to check your account to make sure your mobile number is correct. It's important to keep your mobile number up to date to ensure you receive important text messages about your Xfinity service in the future, including billing and appointment reminders, and outage alerts.

In my account it is written:
Verify your mobile number. A code was sent to (514) 000-0000.
We'll use this number to help protect your account setting

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

20 days ago

Hello, @user_rmjj5e! Thank you for creating a post regarding your online account concerns. I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had, and I would love to see what we can do to help! I believe the Canadian phone number format is the same as the American one (10 digits in total), right? Are you receiving an error when attempting to register your mobile number after already being logged in, or only the email saying texts can't reach you? May I have you provide further details around the wording in the email, please? And just to cross something else off our list, have you ever had an account with us previously that this number was tied to? I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these quick questions. It'll hopefully help us narrow down a resolution for you!

3 Messages

@XfinitySara​ 

Yes, the format of a Canadian phone number is exactly the same, as for North America. Format: 10 numbers = (000) 000-0000.
The email received from XFinity said: 

Please take a moment to check your account to make sure your mobile number is correct. It's important to keep your mobile number up to date to ensure you receive important text messages about your Xfinity service in the future, including billing and appointment reminders, and outage alerts.
Verify your mobile number. A code was sent to [Edited: "Personal Information"].

(edited)

The email said: 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_rmjj5e Thanks for sending us your response and our team is here to help. Can you try sending us a DM with your details so we can work together on this. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinitySara​ Did you read carefully my last email ? All the questions you are asking again have been answered in the previous email. PLEASE this time read carfully as I will repeat them !

1.- Yes the Canadian phone number as been the same format as the USA phone number format since the phone was invented. (000)000-0000)

2.- I never had a previous account with Comcast, XFinity, or any other company related to you that could me link.

3.- When I am log in on my account on your website, it is impossible to put my phone number in, it this refused: invalid or something like that.

4.- No I did not received a text message I did received an email. IF I HAD RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE WOULD MEAN THAT MY PHONE NUMBER IS OK AND WORKING FOR YOUR COMPANY. BUT IT IS NOT THE CASE I AM RECEIVING EMAILS  STATING TO UPDATE MY PHONE NUMBER !

The email said: 

1 Message

10 days ago

I have the same problem. Canadian phone number dont work by the way Xfinity is the only company who i have this trouble.

(edited)

1 Message

6 days ago

Same problem here too!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here