U

4 Messages

Thursday, July 27th, 2023 2:55 PM

Closed

Bill went up by $50 with no warning

My internet bill went from $70/month to $121/month with no reason and no warning. An increase of 73% seems like more than a normal escalation amount; what the heck is going on? How can I get my bill back to a manageable amount?

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_614c18. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have definitely reached out to the right place for assistance. I completely understand where you're coming from with a $50 increase, I would be shocked as well. 

With an increase it could be due to a promotion falling off, after completing the life of the promotion agreement. The Xfinity internet also comes with a 1.2 terabyte of data allotment. If the 1.2 terabyte threshold is exceeded there is a $10 charge for every 50 GB used over 1.2 terabyte up to $50: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-exceed-usage. 

For me to be able to do an account review and see where the increase came from, I would need to gather some account specific information we don't want to discuss in private. Please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question.

1 Message

Why is my Wi-Fi so expensive ? $140/ month that’s too much for jus5 Wi-Fi I have been a customer for decades but may switch to Verizon 

2 Messages

ya, my is $183 x1 tv with internet, it was $123  

I cancel all last week, no more comcast

Roku works just fine with att 300 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

10 months ago

@user_614c18 

Make sure you read your entire billing statement every month.  That way you'll know what charges are on there and any notes about increases in your bill.

4 Messages

@Again​ It ended up being that our promotional rate ran out. Just kind of weird, you think of promotional rates only lasting a year but we have been using xfinity at this location for 5 years. Hopefully they can find another promotion to apply or we may just cancel and use hotspots on our phones. $121 is way too much for internet only.

1 Message

I've had xfinity for 30 years, I'm fixing to cancel, and go to roku, I am paying 250.00 a month, noooo more,

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_998vm5 Thank you for reaching out to the community forum. We would love to help you lower your bill. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hi

I do not see a chat icon near the bell icon. I only see the bell icon and my profile icon. I  had this same issue and need to speak with someone about lowering my bill. I've been a customer for over 25 years. Maybe 30 as well. These price increases are hard to take. Please help.

Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@ltrush1 We'd be happy to see what new promotions we may have available to you. You will want to make sure that you are signed into the Forums to send us a DM to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Yeah I hear you on that Xfinity up to my bill like a year ago 20 more dollars a month paying $105 a month when I was paying a lot less and I would probably go up again on the same time next year and it keeps on going up, I might cancel

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

@user_7063bf Promotional pricing can be available for 12, 24, and in some cases 36 months. Some agreements have a deeply discounted first year, still discounted second year, then an agreed pricing for the third year while a new promotion can be chosen or services changed to. Our guaranteed pricing ensures that your monthly service rate remains as agreed upon for the duration chosen. Anytime you are logged into your account online, check for any new promotions your account may be eligible for. Some promotions are only available online and can only be enrolled in by the customer when logged into their account. Our promotional offers change frequently to meet the wants and needs of everyone.

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

Mine just went up 24.00

1 Message

4 months ago

My xfinity bill 5 yrs ago started at $50, then it went up to $80, then it went up again and I called and they lower it back to $85, it was at $85 for a year or so, now it went up again to $107, I just took a look at the statement and it states that my bill will go up another $26 dollars. $134 for just internet! Crazy, I don't think so.  Im done calling them, Im going to cancelled with them at the end of this cycle.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_c3lbuq  Most of our promotional discounts are only last for 12, 24, and in some cases 36 months. We do provide the date for any promotional discount expiration on your monthly PDF bill. On page 3 where your plan details are broken down each discount you are receiving is also shown with the day it may expire. I would check out your bills around the increase to see if this is due to one of your promotions no longer applying. If so it is an easy fix with a new promotion, they do change all the time, so your old promotional price may no longer be available, but we have lots of options to help find one that fits your price needs! Send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

4 months ago

My bill increased 100%. I called and the customer service person said they best they could do is still $70 a month with a decreased plan. I would still be paying more for less speed. I found internet coverage elsewhere for $40 month and will be moving forward that that option. Gold membership with Xfinity doesn't mean anything when they don't do anything to keep me as a customer.

On another note, customer service is incredibly frustrating. Thoroughly disappointed in the experience. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, user_jkbxjr! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY over our forums page. I am sorry to learn that we have made you feel this way. We will surely miss your business. I would like the opportunity to see if we can find you more ways to decrease the monthly rate further. Would this be okay with you?

4 Messages

4 months ago

I've been an Xfinity customer for years. I have been a student and on the ACP affordability because of low income and it was manageable/and the low speeds. In the last two years they increased my bill twice and now without notification increased my bill by 36$. I spent over an hour with a representative online and they just tried to sell me an increase in speed and price every month even after I said I couldn't afford it and constantly had to say that I don't want or need a higher internet speed. They wouldn't refund me for the unexpected monthly increase just for the month while I figure out my plan either when I brought up being a loyal customer. I also told the representative that other companies are offering much lower pricing for the speed I was at and asked them to match it in order to keep me as a customer and it didn't matter. When I looked at xfinity's website they are also offering a lower deal to new customers for exactly what my original plan was! and still didn't match it. This service is terrible and I will be cancelling my internet after getting set up with one of the competitors. After bringing this up to my friends that use Xfinity in our same building they all have similar poor experiences and are considering switching. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

1 Message

3 months ago

Same happened to me!!  My initial bill was $65/mo for internet and phone.  The promo fell off and it went up to $89.  I was ok with that because I knew what the terms of the promo were.  I've been there a year and my Feb bill just went up to $123.40!!  A 30% increase??  Almost double since I started 2 years ago??!! I called customer no-service and she said it was because the promo fell off.  I told her no, that's already happened.  Then she offered to give me a mobile phone/service with internet (drop home phone) and my cost would go down to  $85.?!?!?  I told her I didn't want a mobile phone - esp since I already have a mobile phone and the one she was offering didn't come with voicemail!!  She told me that was all she could do for me.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for taking the time to share your story, user_0uj3nw. I'm so sorry that happened to you, and I'd be more than happy to see if I have a better deal for you on my end. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

2 Messages

3 months ago

My bill is going from $50 to $96!! Absolutely ridiculous. Almost 100% increase I will certainly be looking to cancel and go elsewhere. The audacity to double my monthly bill when there are outages several times a week for "upgrades" that supposedly take months to complete.

Official Employee

• 

613 Messages

@Wcreamer 

please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message: We will be happy to help 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

1 Message

2 months ago

As a senior citizen, the increase of $44.00 per month ( my new bill is now $122.05) just for my internet (I use a firestick for viewing programs) takes a large bite out of my SS income. We seniors received an increase but Xfinity has absorbed most of it. I can't afford Xfinity wifi and television so everything I do uses my wifi. And, there was "no heads up" in order to prepare for what I call an exorbitant increase. TV is my only source of entertainment thrse days. SHAME ON YOU XFINITY!

Official Employee

• 

656 Messages

Hi there, user_t9c04s ! I can understand how a price increase can be frustating! We did send an alert on the November 2023 billing statement in regard to it. We would not raise the price without providing advanced notice, we definitely want folks to be aware beforehand. If you are looking to lower the rate, one thing I can suggest is logging in with your XFINITY ID and checking out our site here : https://www.xfinity.com/planbuilder to see if there are any promotions that you are eligible for that may lower the rate. If you prefer, we would be more than happy to take a look for you as well!

Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

1 Message

2 months ago

started 4 years ago.  my bill started at around $60, it is now $120.00.  from what i'm reading it seems that they tell everyone the same thing "the promotional period expired"... but my promotional period would have expired long ago.  Xfinity has been known to do this, just raise the bill without rhyme or reason.  

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_ptrtjm​ 

started 4 years ago.  my bill started at around $60, it is now $120.00.  from what i'm reading it seems that they tell everyone the same thing "the promotional period expired"... but my promotional period would have expired long ago.  Xfinity has been known to do this, just raise the bill without rhyme or reason.  

Oh boy, I know it seems that way, but that's not the case.  I know it hurts the wallet [mine, too!] but there are a lot of costs incurred that Comcast has to pay for and the only way to do that is by charging the customer base.  We all would like to pay the super minimum for our services, but that's not reasonable or feasible.  Think about the infrastructure, for instance.  You've got ditches that have to be built, conduit and lines to be laid.  And there's equipment and the people that work them.  You have lineswo/men that climb poles or use bucket trucks to string wire from pole to pole.  See?  Now there's people involved, working to bring you your internet and cable.  Like you going to work they have to be paid.  They don't work for peanuts, and when your internet goes down you demand someone come out immediately to fix it, never mind there might be 5000 other households impacted and maybe - maybe - 200 employees to get out in all kinds of weather to fix it.  And think about the insurance that has to be contracted for all of this.  [Not calling out anyone but using a "global you".]

I could go on, but I think you get the point.  As for tv shows, including streaming, next time you watch something, think about how much the actors get paid, along with the sets, and all of the behind-the-scenes stuff that takes place that has to be paid for - for your enjoyment.

Believe me, I understand.  The employees here understand.  I'm paying right at $200 for internet and cable and I'm about to downgrade considerably.  I'm on a fixed income and can't afford that.  I like eating and buying my dog treats.  Paperback books are cheaper, and the library is full of them!  Yup, libraries do still exist!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

4 Messages

2 months ago

So what ended up happening is I was in a promotional period that expired. I was able to adjust my internet speed to get my bill back down. The annoying part, honestly, is that the promotional thing came out of a call I got from xfinity where they told me "for LESS money you get MORE speed" and they talked me into changing my plan. Then when the promotional period was up I was paying way too much money for speed I didn't even need. It took me several months to notice, so I wasted hundreds of dollars. Xfinity should do better, there is no need to try to trap people into a higher bill for speed that they don't even need.

Official Employee

• 

850 Messages

Hello @user_614c18, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

I'd be happy to review your services to see if there are any promotions we can take advantage of to get you the services you need at the best possible price. Would you like to give this try?

If so, to access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

2 months ago

to close the loop on this....So what ended up happening is I was in a promotional period that expired. I was able to adjust my internet speed to get my bill back down. The annoying part, honestly, is that the promotional thing came out of a call I got from xfinity where they told me "for LESS money you get MORE speed" and they talked me into changing my plan. Then when the promotional period was up I was paying way too much money for speed I didn't even need. It took me several months to notice, so I wasted hundreds of dollars. Xfinity should do better, there is no need to try to trap people into a higher bill for speed that they don't even need.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here