N

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 16th, 2023 2:04 AM

Closed

Apple Pay not working

Used to work, now it doesn't, on the same Mac, using Safari.  No software updates since last months payment via Apple Pay.  Noticed the billing site has changed though...

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @new_user_23. I am sad to hear you are having paying with Apply Pay. When trying to pay your bill, are you trying to pay through one of our apps, online, X1 cable box, or another way? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAaron​ Check your sentences before you post - your first one it doesn't make any sense.  I'm assuming you understood I was having a problem paying with Apple Pay.  As to your sadness about it, well, I can't help you with that. That empathy is disingenuous at best.

As I wrote in the first sentence of my original post "(Apple Pay) Used to work, now it doesn't, on the same Mac, using Safari."  So in answer to your question on how I was trying to pay the bill, that means I would be trying to pay on my Apple computer, through the default bowser (Safari).

I noticed you (Xfinity) has changed the account website since the last time I made a payment, and am assuming this is a bug. See attached screenshot of the error I get when I try to pay via Apple Pay.  I have tried this multiple times, all with the same error.

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Hi @new_user_23. Thank you for the information! We apologize for the typo and are truly sorry to hear we have left you feeling this way! This is not the experience we want you to have! 

As it turns out, we are not able to help with payment information, and recommend reaching out to one of our experts at 1-800-Xfinity for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same frustration with Apple Pay not working, for a week now.  The "experts" at 800-xfinity are of no help either.  For that matter, the whole xfinity website is a miserable experience in addition to the canned responses we get.  Do better Comcast.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize for the issues with Apple Pay. Here is a link on all the ways to make a payment on your account, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pay-your-bill-echat. Also, if you are having any additional issues with the Xfinity website we would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I don't need help, I would just like it to work, smoothly.  Here's another example.  I login to xfinitiy.com, and I'm prompted to enter the code texted to me for verification.  I enter the code and click the option to save this setting for this browser.  Won't have to do the code verify anymore, right? I'm now logged in.  I choose to go to Billing - now I have to login again with my password and do the code verification again! Why?  And why keep asking me to do another two factor authentication, again? It does this every time.  

I don't need a nicey-nice answer, just funnel it up to the website developers or IT to get fixed. It's 2023, c'mon.

Also, Apple Pay still not working. 

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Thanks for the feedback. I can definitely submit feedback regarding the issue with the verification. Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ 

This is an example of the same unhelpful “support” I received several times when reporting this bug.

Instead of actually helping, reporting the bug to engineering, etc., they just misdirect, send irrelevant links like this.

Did I say I don’t know how to pay? No. I said the the payment page PRODUCES AN ERROR when I attempt to pay using the same method I had used successfully every month before Jan 1!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Apple Pay also not working for me. This is ridiculous. And, yes, the Xfinity website has always been a miserable experience and *continues* to be a miserable experience. But I gave up asking Comcast/Xfinity to fix it long, long ago.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m also not able to pay with Apple Pay. I sometimes like to pay early, and sometimes I don’t have my wallet with me. Please fix this. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Apple Pay is still broken. It stopped working in Jan 1 2023. The failure occurs on the xfinity website using a web browser with laptop or iPad, or when using the xfinity app on iPhone.

In all cases an error is displayed, “Looks like something went wrong. Please reload the page and try again.”

I’ve used Apple Pay every month to pay my bill for over a year, but it is now broken.

Xfinity support is useless. I tried several times, and every agent I spoke with did not understand the issue or have any information about when or if it might be fixed.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

I'm sorry to hear that you are running into this error and would love to look into this further. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support to get started. 

To send a direct message: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 
To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@GodspeedYouBlackEmperor Thank you for sharing your expiernece, and I am sorry for the frustration you have had. The following link will help you pay your current bill using your Apple Pay but at this time you can not use Apple Pay as an auto payment option. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/apple-pay-comcast-bill

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

omg, they still keep sending links to support articles on how to pay via Apple Pay...  this reminds me of the movie Brazil.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Pretty amazing to me that a multi-billion dollar corporation "functions" like this.  It's been many weeks for me, and I can't get Apple Pay to work.  Furthermore, my autopay is scheduled for Jan 17... 6 days ago and it didn't go through.  Pretty sure if I were to pay manually it would charge me twice or something.

I don't think it's a lot to ask for an internet monopoly to have a functioning website. Xfinity excels at having the most confusing, slowest, dysfunctional website on the planet.  Like, help us help you take too much of our money already.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@ariannarob Thanks for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. Apple pay can be used to pay your Xfinity Bill but you can not schedule a payment so this mean you can not use it for auto pay. If you use Apple Pay today it will not charge your twice for doing it manually. Please review this document and let me know if you  have any questions.            https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/apple-pay-comcast-bill I would also be happy to review your account with you if you have any questions or concerns about your billing. To get started, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ This is incorrect. Apple Pay has stopped working. It doesn't work even with Auto Pay disabled. Please stop deflecting this issue by sending customers useless non-support articles. Just advise us when your payment system will work again.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ Thanks for your reply--I will also confirm that this is incorrect information.  I can't make a single payment NOR set up auto pay via Apple Pay.  It gives me the same error message no matter what I try. It 100% worked in the very recent past, but recently stopped working and won't work with Apple Pay anymore. 

I'm not sure how much power you have to escalate, but I assure you this is certainly a problem on Xfinity's end, and is not a result of user error, as everyone here is trying to convey to you.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Thank you for that update, @ariannarob. Just to clarify, do you have a credit card or bank account set up with your Apple Wallet? This could be causing the issue if one is not listed when setting up the feature. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJoshD​ Of course. It works with everything else, used to work with Xfinity, and now it doesn't.  Everyone else here is saying this as well.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Apple Pay is still not working. I do not have auto pay set up and never have and yet it still won’t let me pay via Apple Pay. I have used Apple Pay every month until January 1st and now it no longer works. This issue clearly is still not resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_msgeekology

1. please clear your cache and cookies, make sure no auto pay is set up and go to Go to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/billing/paymentin the Safari web browser using an Apple Pay compatible device. Sign in to your account using your Xfinity ID and password.
  2. On the bill pay page, choose your payment amount from either the full current balance due or another amount. (Note:You can't schedule a payment in advance using Apple Pay, so make sure to pick today’s date as the Payment Date.)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ You guys just aren't listening. This is not an issue with any one user, it's an issue with your Apple Pay implementation as a whole. Stop putting the burden on your customers to go through a wild goose chase with support, as it won't solve a technical issue that exists on your end.  Please escalate this to your development team, or find someone who can.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ This is not viable. You get the same error message regardless of how you approach it.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@ariannarob​ literally just got off an hour long chat. I was transferred through 5 different agents and gave up on the 6th transfer. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

No one will acknowledge there is a problem. I did call Apple just to verify it wasn’t on their end, and they did verify that if their is a problem, it certainly isn’t on their end.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Xfinity,

It would appear that your team of employees and/or bots have not moved from the scripted response to a response that acknowledges the issue. For instance it is clear to me after reading all responses and trying to use Apple Pay multiple times that there is an issue with your system. If you said, “thank you for alerting us, we are aware of the issue and are currently looking to resolve it. We don’t currently have a resolution timeline, but, our team of engineers are working on it.

Until we have a resolution please use any of our other traditional options to submit your payment…….” I think you get the point. 

as everyone said, these responses are annoying and frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_71e299​ you just gave them the script they won't use, which is kinda laughable at this point.  Being the OP to this thread I had no idea it was going to get this silly.  It is truly mind boggling that someone - [Edited: "Language"], anyone - at Comcast doesn't know this is an issue that needs to be fixed.  But then, they have us right where they want us - we need the service in order to live these days, and who cares if Apple Pay works or not, right?  This is why at some point Congress was trying to get internet service as part of the telecommunications act (?), in order to regulate it like phone service. (I don't have that exactly right, someone can tell me what that bill/law proposal was) Lobbyists and money changing hands has of course ended that.  And then you see headlines like this in the Washington Post:  "Congress probes telecom giants’ tactics in U.S. internet aid program - The inquiry follows a Washington Post investigation that revealed price hikes, speed cuts, fraud risks and other trouble surrounding a pandemic-era attempt to close the digital divide"  I'd post a link to that story, but it's behind a pay-wall, of course.  Of course there are other services, but we all know they're just as bad.  You pick your evil, and just deal with it I guess.  'Merica.

Thanks for all the laughs everyone - this has been an epic show of corporate stupidity.  Almost Friday anyway, cocktails are calling... stay well everyone.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to use Apple Pay to pay my Xfinity bill, but only by using the old "Xfinity My Account" app. When you start the app, it says that it's deprecated and you should us the Xfinity app, but it still works. The app may be a little flaky - it didn't respond to taps but worked after I quit the app. The Xfinity My Account app is still available on the app store.

Both the Xfinity app and the web site failed for me.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@wennefer​ I confirm this works. It also confirms, there is a problem with the new app. I was able to pay via Apple Pay flawlessly with the old My Xfinity App. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@wennefer​ thanks, just tried and success. Hilarious it says this app is going away. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@wennefer​ The My Account app doesn’t work for me either—I’ve tried everything.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@wennefer​ ok I can confirm that making a normal payment works, but autopay does not (because it opens a modal to the main site for some reason) via the My Account app. Why it does this is beyond me, seems very unnecessary. I still need a way of setting up autopay with Apple Pay.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Two weeks since the original post and this is still a problem. Unbelievable. We all probably pay them at least $1000 a year and they can’t fix what is likely a simple coding problem, but please give me the 1-800 number so I can talk to a robot about it and not have my issue resolved. 

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@user_91c24a  You can reach out to us here over a DM to discuss your account in more detail. If there is an ongoing issue, the phone teams have the same access as we do when it comes to your Xfinity account. If you would like us to look together t this please send a DM and we would be happy to help. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Looks like it only works with an old app. Maybe they are still in the merging process ??? Who knows but ,,, NOT very efficient and productive for end users. They may need just one engineer from apple to resolve this issue

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I looked in the developer tools while trying Apple Pay and I see a "500 error" is returned from Xfinity's server for the request

:authority: payments.xfinity.com
:path: /apis/payments/apple-pay-session

Someone at Xfinity needs to alert the devops teams that their servers are returning 500 errors.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_381a20​ rest assured it won’t be anyone that assists with these forums. They will not address the issue at all. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

OP to this thread here...

Guess what started working again?  Yup, Apple Pay.  Just made a payment on the site. @user_381a20, I think someone told the devops team to look at this thread...

Only took them 3-1/2 weeks.  And do you think someone at Xfinity could have updated this thread?  Unbelievable.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve used Apple Pay as my auto payment for as long as I can recall and then suddenly it stopped working in April. I kept getting a declined message which is strange since I confirmed the details for card linked to my auto payment and there is definitely plenty of credit available. Thinking it might be a glitch with with that specific credit card, I updated the Apple Pay to another credit card. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue as this card was declined as well. There is definitely something happening on the xfinity side.  Sad to hear that they don’t appear to be taking it seriously 😒 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_5f64b8​ and just to be clear, I know how to make a payment. I just wish xfinity would fix their system.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here