Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@BrianT1968 wrote:

Don't get too excited...I've had mine for 5 months and there is ZERO 4K material out there aside from some outdated Olympic coverage

do you have netflix with the 4k UHD access?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Newby, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is there an IR receiver on the XiD-C? If so, where is it located? I have a Control4 system and am trying to place the IR emitter. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am out of state and want to delete programs that are scheduled to be recorded on my DVR at home.  There is not obvious way to accomplish this remotely from my PC.  Am I missing something?

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

@jpalandra wrote:

The 4K is simply a disguised HD box.  Until they come out with 4K programming, which may be never at this pace, this box is nothing more than a glorified X1.

Hence the name “XG1”. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

The 4K is simply a disguised HD box.  Until they come out with 4K programming, which may be never at this pace, this box is nothing more than a glorified X1.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@bogyhi wrote:

I am out of state and want to delete programs that are scheduled to be recorded on my DVR at home.  There is not obvious way to accomplish this remotely from my PC.  Am I missing something?

at this time, you can't do that from the PC (Comcast is working on resolving legal issues)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can I schedule a recording on my Xfinity even if I am not home?  

Regular Contributor

• 

111 Messages

6 years ago

Did firmware 3.0 roll out nationally? I am still on 2.14 so no HDR on Netflix for me.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@2themax wrote:
Did firmware 3.0 roll out nationally? I am still on 2.14 so no HDR on Netflix for me.

yes rolling out. got it on my 'late' box today. others last friday

Is that why the light on my box was blinking last week? I’ll have to check my current version. I didn’t even know there was an update anticipated. What are the new features?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@2themax wrote:

yes rolling out. got it on my 'late' box today. others last friday

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Schwack wrote:

Atrana, from my research, that's my thinking too.  If Xfinity doesn't have many 4k programming, then why get the box.  also, I have another question.  I currently have cable and internet (150mb) with X.  However, Google Fiber is available in my condo complex and is offer the 1gb at the same price for my current internet - 150mb.

I read on other sites that to get 4k with Xfinity, I need to subscribe to cable AND internet.  Is that true?  Not sure why I would need Xfinity internet??  Thanks.

you can subscribe to the non-X1 legacy xfinity TV service with or without a DVR and have a different internet provider. the X1 minimum package is TV and internet.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Schwack wrote:

No 4k boxes in Denver.....will need to PM you for shipping..

not sure to whom or to which post you are replying.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No 4k boxes in Denver.....will need to PM you for shipping..

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Atrana, from my research, that's my thinking too.  If Xfinity doesn't have many 4k programming, then why get the box.  also, I have another question.  I currently have cable and internet (150mb) with X.  However, Google Fiber is available in my condo complex and is offer the 1gb at the same price for my current internet - 150mb.

I read on other sites that to get 4k with Xfinity, I need to subscribe to cable AND internet.  Is that true?  Not sure why I would need Xfinity internet??  Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here