• 

8 Messages

Thursday, August 20th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

wifi drops out several times a day every single day

Things I've tried:

Reset the modem plenty of times

Bought the xfinity pods and set them up

It really seems to affect wifi mainly and not wired connections - but I'd say on an average of at least 20 times a day, the wifi will lose connection for all devices for anywhere between 30 seconds - 2 minutes.  Very frustrating experience, is there anything I can look into here?  The advice whenever I try to engage help elsewhere is to just restart the modem, which I've done countless times and it never helps anything.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly the same problem here; wired connection is fine but all the devices connected to Wifi randomly drop connectivity just as you describe. I've seen this happen when I'm sitting 20 feet from my gateway and looking right at it, so it is not a signal quality issue. Really hope someone from Xfinity replies to this or my similar post; with so much happening on Zoom etc. these days what was an annoyance has become a crippling problem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

happens all the time! VPN in for work, and have to reconnect multiple times per day, even multiple times per hour.

Literally 6 ft from box. Quite a price to pay for intermittent signal.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Happens to me everyday had 4 guys out problem not fixed yet

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Sounds like the same thing happening to me every day. VPN in for work and constantly losing connection. Seeing my Lync chat messages not go through and Cisco telling me it is trying to reconnect is getting really old. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I started having this problem 5 weeks ago.  Random devises will loss WiFi several times a day.  Tech has made several site visits, recommended I upgrade to the newer modem and new xfi wifi extender pods and I did, still having the same problem and almost seems worse.  Its just 2 of us and we do not have many devises going at the same time.  I never had this problem until about 5 weeks ago.

I may have to switch wifi providers, which is a pain, but if Tech can not figure this out on his 4th visit I will have no other option.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@user_72c43f 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. 8 month old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here