harris_zafar's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 15th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

wi-fi network suddenly not working for smart TV and garage door

Since yesterday, suddenly my Samsung smart TV can no longer see my home network in the list of wireless networks that are available. When I restart my gateway, my network shows backup on the list temporarily, but the TV isn't able to connect to that network successfully. Every time I have tried since yesterday, the TV says "connection failed". At the same time, our garage door opener which also connects to our Wi-Fi so that I can open the garage from my mobile app, also is displaying the message "not connected".

However, my laptop is still connected to my network and has internet access. So what is happening here?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Associate the devices with the 2.4 or the 5.0 (whichever one  works) band's SSID (broadcast name) and password.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here