Voxx's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Wednesday, November 18th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

why only 7 mbps upload?

tech been to my home 2 times now and I rely on my upload to be at least 25 but No matter what the hour is I only get 7 mbps to 13 upload if I am lucky.  This is not my pc wiring or cable modem tech replaced all this. signal to my modem from main box was all green. This is not  cool. I been with xfinity since late 2007 and it's always weather is to blame . Really if  it's 21F outside no wind rain or snow it's weather? what about when it's 61F no rain or snow still the weather? YES I am frusterated because this  has prevented me from  working  at home. Please  look into NE area of albuquerque . 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

3 years ago

For what it's worth, did you try to remove the network card from the device manager and reboot, it will reinstall it, I have fixed some issues that way

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

I should say that It's not my network card either as I have a card that can handle 2.5 gbs download. Most might say 1 gbs download should be more than enough but if you do live broadcasting YOu need 25 to 30 upload. If they are 7 to 14 you get  a bad delay and stutters.https://www.twitch.tv/videos/807232809

there are more vods like that.

Some might say livestreaming isn't work but I do pay taxes and it's all I can do being disabled.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

dowwnload good upload  bad 

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

dang you bursted my hopes I honestly thought someone  answered why  my upload speed is so low. Yes I posted a picture of xfinity's speed test to show  proof od the low upload speed and bad latency .I honestly  feel like it will go unsolved.  I  don't feel like contacting customer service would help all they do is reboot modem or send another tech out. Idk how many times my  home needs rewiring in a week. I really need my upload speed that would be like taking the tools away from your techs and needing them to go repair lines.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

I have tried  techs coming out. rewiring my home. I have had last tech  speed test my modem and showed me his phone saying I am getting 40 Uploads speeds. HowEver  xfinity speed test says latency 15 and upload spead 7 to 11 . NOT matching at all. I had my modem remotely rebooted  that worked for 3 days to bring it up to 19 mbps.

I surfed forums for any solution as to why as i have tried everything from my adapter settings to unplugging modem replugging to  making sure my temp files deleted to trying the cat5E wire over my cat6.

I only use xfinity's given modems  as well. I need the upload speeds for work. I had thought originally maybe xfinity was throttling my net. However I don't think that is the case. I also feel if I was getting 40 mbps upload as tech show then I could work with no issues but I can't  performance is matching the xfinity's speed test results. Not the tech's.. I am at a lose and only wish to find things I could do to perhaps resolve this issue. you need more that 7 upload  to even game  because mmos upload textures when you  do things. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

I will give that a go. tech came and this time moved my wiring to another box said too many was on same box and said his results showed better than when it was on other main box.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

Holy smoke that worked . Tech did help a bit went from 6 to 20 but after uninstalling  my network and reinstalling my upload is at 40 thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

You would think you would do a test on multiple devices before blaming the upload speed

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Marked "Answered" topic locked.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here