Jim_Ward's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 6th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

video conferencing unusable due to video and audio freezes

Good morning, experts—

Video conferencing on our home network is effectively unusable. Video and audio freeze several times per minute. Each freeze lasts 3 to 8 seconds.  App doesn't matter: Facetime, Zoom and Skype all exhibit this behavior. (Zoom displays the "Internet connection is unstable" message throughout the conference.)

This behavior doesn’t change whether using WiFi or a wired connection to the switch.

Our Xfinity package includes 175Mbps down, 5Mbps up. Speedtest confirms that we're making or exceeding these speeds, though now and then its "speedometer" needle jumps downward from 100+ to ~70 before increasing again in the download test.

Xfinity's Automated Assistant reports that it’s detected a problem with our connection that rebooting the modem should fix. However, I’ve rebooted it several times with no change in this report or the video conference behavior.

I’d welcome any guidance about how to suss this out.

—Jim

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It looks everyone is experiencing the same issues with unstable internet, speed and connectivity. It’s obvious there is an issue with Comcast’s infrastructure and they won’t acknowledge it. So many people are working from home that it’s straining the network. It seems Comcast would acknowledge this and work to fix it. If there is even a fix.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Good thread, stumbled upon this while searching for a solution i face. 

Have been a xfinity customer for about 3 years. The current config i have is a 256MBPS plan on xfinity with the xfinity xfi router equipment. 

For using Video conferencing solutions of google meet and webex, facing issues after being in any call for screen share, video and fix most of the time is to reboot the xfi equipment and this returns in about 30 mins.

Each time i try to reach xfinity support get the restart modem. Would appreciate if xfinity lets us know about limitations or atleast how to mitigate when we have these issues. 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I just upgraded to a 1000mbps line.  This issue continues to persist.  What is Comcast doing?  NOTHING!  They are pushing the blame.  Please let us know what is be done and how this problem can be fixed...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Am experiencing the very same issues. Comcast: Fix this!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Have gigabit service, latest and fastest technicolor white modem. Three service visits, replaced outside and inside cables. On Zoom get dropped several times an hour, speeds fast, but not consistent. Going to add a voice line to see if audio can be made consistent. Paying max amount for subpar service!

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Following, same problem since upgrading to new modem

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@richrdberthao 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue, thanks. Year old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here