Ppiekarsk's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

forgot my gateway password

Hey

i currently own a XB6-T modem/router but i want to implement my own router since im getting a spotty connection in one of the parts of the house... i went to 10.0.0.1 and for username i put in admin and for password i put in password but it still says incorrect password for the username  now i have tried to reset my modem/router by pressing the reset button on it for a few seconds untill it reset, i also tried restarting it from the xfinity website but i still cant log in i even. whaat else can i do here ???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@Ppiekarsk wrote:

i have tried to reset my modem/router by pressing the reset button on it for a few seconds untill it reset, 

You need to hold that button in for 30 seconds to perform a Factory Reset. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-do-I-log-into-my-Xfinity-provided-Modem/ta-p/3024242

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This isn't accurate, at least not always.  When i got my xfinity box a couple of months ago, password was the default password.  I used that and logged in.  It started nagging me to change the password, and I did.  Today a couple of months later I changed the ethernet card in the computer and ineed to reconfigure dhcp so it will give to this card, the ip address it gave to the old one.  I called tech support. Everyone there I talked to said that's the username and password.  One person told me to put a pin in the hole in the back and reset the box.  I did.  The box came back online.The SSID I chose 2 months ago is still there.  The password for the gateway definitely is not password.  Using password and the password results in an invalid password error.  Nobdy at tech support knows how to reset the bloody thing.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Did you hold it in for at least 25-30 seconds ?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Year old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here