Community Forum

can't get internet because of financially irresponsible parents...

myaaa
Regular Visitor

can't get internet because of financially irresponsible parents...

I need internet because I work from home but I can't get it because of my parents. A day after I ordered the self install system, a customer service rep called and told me since both my parents owe a lot of money to Comcast (almost 1k between the two of them), I can't get internet since we're in the same household , even though I can pay the bill every month.  Is there another way to get internet in my home even though I still live with them? If anyone has ever been in this situation pls help I don't wanna go without working and it's hard for me to find another job rn 😞

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: can't get internet because of financially irresponsible parents...

Nope, blame your parents. It’s going to be associated with your family names. Or pay off their outstanding balances

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gottahavit
Regular Contributor

Re: can't get internet because of financially irresponsible parents...

Nothing to do with the names, it's the household.  Otherwise lots of people would run up bill and then just put under different name and re-up.  Not saying that's what you're doing just saying it would happen a lot.  Short answer is you're living in your parents house, someone has to pay the bill.