GreenBack28's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 12:00 AM

Closed

Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly

@ComcastChe. Thank you for your assistance in the Comcast Community Channel.

I have attempted to use my ASUS AX3000 router in the place of the XFINITY modem. There appears to be a problem as I am unable to establish a connection to the Internet and get the following message - "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly."

This appears to be a reoccurring problem and appears to be resolved by COMCAST sending a provisioning signal based on the information you have provided.

Is this something you can assist me with?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

4 years ago

The Asus ax3000 is just a router, you cant just use it in place of your Comcast modem, you have to have a modem to connect to the internet, you can though use your Comcast gateway in bridge mode and connect your router and use it that way

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

What is the exact make and model number of that "modem" ?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@EG The XFINITY modem is the newer WIFI-6 enabled modem launched earlier this year. 

I hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@jlavaseur Yes. You are correct. I did not go into the full details of my setup as other people were seeing the same issue. I have enabled bridging on my XFINITY modem which disables the routing functionality. Connected my ASUS router to the XFINITY modem via one of the Ethernet ports. The XFINITY modem is the newer Wi-Fi 6 gateway that was released earlier this year.

When checking the internet connection via the ASUS router, the connection fails with the message "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly." 

I hope this helps. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here