LGLDSR's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Thursday, December 26th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity XB7-T (CGM4331COM) Antenna Location

Does anyone know where the antenna(s) are located within the Xfinity XB7-T (CGM4331COM)? Top, Sides? I've gotten different answers from different Comcast reps (especially offshore support out of India). Need this information for best placement.

Many thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

I’m personally not sure. The docs even at this time are limited for availability. I’m not sure where they are for the XB6 but it maybe possible they may be similarly placed

You got one? Lucky if you did.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

Ok. I just wanted to make sure. The way you worded it sounded like you tried but then had an issue.

I don’t see why there would be any issue. I’d give the extender a factory reset and go from there.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you very much. Is there any reason why this XB7-T cannot be used with Netgear's EX7000 (AC1900) Range Extender? I was using it with the XB6 previously without issue.

Lastly, the WPS button (left and right arrow on each side) is located on the rear, correct? A household member managed to hit the reset button on the XB6 which set everything back to factory defaults.

Many thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!

Best,

Lyman

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

Yes. It’s on the back with the ports.

Did you try repairing the Extender to the XB7?

The whole XB7 is still all new essentially as it’s still being tested with limited availability.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Again, thanks. No, I ave not as of yet made any attempt to connect the Netgear EX7000 Extender to the XB-7. I wanted some feedback first to see if you might be aware of any issues it may cause in doing to.

Thanks,

Lyman

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, I will connect it and let you know if there are any issues. Sincerely appreciate the help!

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks! Where were they on the XB6?
Best,
Lyman

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@LGLDSR wrote:

Does anyone know where the antenna(s) are located within the Xfinity XB7-T (CGM4331COM)? Top, Sides? I've gotten different answers from different Comcast reps (especially offshore support out of India). Need this information for best placement.

This is all we have, publicly, on the specs of the xFi Gateway 3rd Generation (XB7):

xFi Gateway 3rd Generation
Our xFi Gateway 3rd Generation offers a new colorway (white/gray) to compliment your home decor, a less disruptive LED light, the fastest speeds, more ports, the widest coverage, exclusive WiFi management tools, Parental Controls and xFi Pods for extended coverage.
xFi Gateway 3rd Generation

• Model Numbers: CGM4331COM
  • Friendly Model Name: XB7
  • Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 4
  • Dual-Band WiFi Option: Yes
  • Maximum Data Throughput: 2.5 Gbps
  • WPS (WiFi Protected Setup): Yes
  • Gateway/ Network Management Tool (http://10.0.0.1😞 Yes
  • Xfinity xFi Eligible: Yes
  • Two Total Telephone Ports: Yes (separate Alarm Port)
  • Link Cordless Phones (CAT-iq 2.0*): Yes
  • Home Hotspot Capable: Yes
  • Compatible with Xfinity Home: Yes

Since the design (again, this is simply conjecture on my part as the gateway isn't publicly available yet) doesn't vary much from the XB6, I would assume the antennae are positioned similarly. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

No issues with the Netgeat EX7000 Extender and the XB7.

Thanks,

Lyman

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

From what I've read there are only half the antennas in the XB7 (4 as opposed to 8 in the XB6).

Lyman

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

That’s what it seems to be. Again, the whole XB7 is so new, everything is limited as in information and even availability.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

For a full factory reset the button would need to be held for at least 15 seconds. The wps button would not reset the modem to factory. I am a comcast technician

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Best placement for any modem regardless of antenna placement is out in the open and on the first floor of a home. Depending on the home and the usage locations, the basement or second floor may be ok. They broadcast pretty evenly. I am a comcast technician
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here