Community Forum

Xfinity Wifi Hostpot not secure ??

Lwagner1
New Poster

Xfinity Wifi Hostpot not secure ??

Hi. I’m trying to access Xfinity wifi hotspot. It says to use the XFINITY option for a secure wifi connection. However, when I do so My iPhone is saying that it does not trust this site. Any ideas?
ComcastJosephW
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Wifi Hostpot not secure ??

Hello and Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs!

Going forward, I'm sorry to hear about the complications you're having while connecting our local Hotspot as I know situations like this can be a bit frustrating. To confirm, have you tried downloading the Hotspot app directly on your smart phone device and try to accessing the connection that way? You will just need to sign in with your Xfinity ID and password once you've downloaded the app! Please let me know if this helps and thanks again for both your time and interest!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Lwagner1
New Poster

Thank you so much for your help. I have tried so hard getting a tech to help me. I have downloaded the hotspot app.
I am still confused as I to how I connect. Once I connect Apple will accept this as a safe and trusted hotspot?
ComcastJosephW
Official Employee

You're most welcome! That's exactly what we're here for. 🙂 Once you've downloaded the app and are logged in with your primary username and password, you should then be able to select the closest Hotspot network to your device and go through a sign-in screen. You might need to select the option to trust the connection if prompted on your Apple device before having full access to the network upon opening up your web browser as well. You can also learn more information in regard to our Hotspot overviews along with further instructions on how to connect here: https://comca.st/3qvYGGg;

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
EG
Expert

@ComcastJosephW 

Poster already has an existing thread on this subject.......

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Questions-about-xfinitywifi-hotspot/m-p/3414524#M344...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.