LolaBT's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 24th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Wrong Modem Model - no Wifi Settings

We recently replaced our modem; we have an xFi 3rd Generation Gateway, part number TG02DCW4482CT.

However, when I log in to my Xfinity account and look at the devices, it shows me two modems, neither of which are this one:

- An "ARRIS GROUP INC.. TG3482G," which I believe is the modem that we just returned.

- An "ARRIS GROUP, INC. TM604G" which shows a serial number identical to the CM MAC ID of our new modem.

I have two problems:

1) I can't change my wifi settings, because Xfinity believes that I'm using a TM604G which is not a wifi device.  This is my biggest issue; I'd like to get that model number corrected.
2) I'd like the old modem removed, though I suspect this is just an irritation and not a real problem.

I just spent two hours on the phone with Xfinity help, to no avail.  They told me that the only way that this can be corrected is for me to take the modem to a local Xfinity store, replace it with another, and have the new modem set up properly.  I'm really hoping that this isn't true....

Any suggestions?  Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Try logging directly into the user-interface pages of the device itself by browsing to http://10.0.0.1

admin is the default username, and password is the default password.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you.  That worked like a champ to get the wifi turned off, since I'm using a separate mesh router.

I'm still a little miffed that Comcast can't correct this in my account to make future changes easier . . . but oh well.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Quite welcome ! Now closing this topic.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here