RCampodonico's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Thursday, February 11th, 2021 5:00 AM

Closed

Why am I being throttled and not given the advertised performance

I have had to reboot my modem every day for the past few days and/or at least every other day or a few times a week.  It doesn't make sense. Sometimes it is fine for weeks. I disable sharing my network for Xfinity hotspots.
Like millions today - my home is my place of work now and when I called support, they want to send someone. They have been here multiple times. They come and they don't find anything. Performance improves and remains sporadic. I get dropped out of my Teams meeting constantly so I have to jump on my phone's hotspot and is better than my network. I have line of sighe tet to the modem. This is the average speedtest this morning 2/11/2021 around 8:30a.m.

BEFORE REBOOT:
Download speed 0.1 Mbps
Upload speed 0.7 Mbps
Latency 67 ms
Protocol IPv6
Host Secaucus, NJ (why did it go to NJ instead of Chicago? I am in northeast Indiana)

Reboot the modem through the Xfinity xFi portal.

AFTER REBOOT:
Download speed 0.3 Mbps
Upload speed 0.8 Mbps
Latency 65 ms
Protocol IPv6
Host Secaucus, NJ (why did it go to NJ instead of Chicago? I am in northeast Indiana)

0.1 to 0.3 download and 0.7 to 0.8 upload speed. Impressive? NO. This is not what i am paying for.
This has been my issue with Comcast on and off for years.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

990 Messages

3 years ago

I apologize for the frustration and I appreciate you sharing this information with us. I would like to help further with this seeing that the previous troubleshooting and visits did not alleviate the problem. Please send me a private message and include your full name and service address. You can send me a private message by clicking my profile name (ComcastEva), and then click "Send a message".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here