crowt999's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 31st, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Websites routed to the activation page - Walled Garden

All,

I own my own GB ethernet modem, (CM1000) and have had it activated and reset twice by comcast, and yet I still get routed to the walled garden activation page constantly.  Can anyone in this forum tell me where to look to clear this up ? 

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. Will try when I have a spare hour !

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account (roll it) and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

So I called and had them remove and reprovision the modem.  Some of the sites that were causing the issue (on my computer/iphone/ipad) were working as expected.  Then a few days later, I went to a forum and got the walled garden activation again. Tried clearing all history from the device, but it is still happening. Very frustrating after purchasing the modem to save $ and now the constant issues.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm seeing this too, for just a few websites (one or two that I visit regularly).  It seems to only happen on the Firefox browser.  I can pull up Chrome and access the website just fine.  This started after I upgraded my modem to a newer one from Xfinity.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here