Brijar's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 29th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Upgraded from 300mpbs down and 11mbps up to Gigibit Down and 35 mbps up, upload speed cut to 6mbps

This mornign I upgraded from 300mpbs download and 11 mbps upload to Gigibit download and 35 mbps upload. After dealing with inept customer service people, since 9:00 am (it's now 5:30 pm) my upload speed are now SLOWER than they were before I made the upgrade only sustaining at 6mbps. I;ve got my own Arris SB6190 modem and Netgear Nighthawk R7800 router.  Each rep says the same thing, "you need tech support to help and they dump me back into the customer service queue, only to have another CSR answer. I'm at my witts ends and need help ASAP and I can't do my job with that slow of an upload speed

Brian

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

Comcast does not rate the SB6190 (or any other DOCSIS 3.0 device) for use with Gigabit service. If you want to use your own device with Gigabit you need one listed on https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ when you select "Up to 1000 Mbps" and "DOCSIS 3.1".

Using a device not approved for your speed tier tends to produce unexpected results.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here