buddyshields's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, December 15th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

TV looses WIFI connection several times a day

We have Firesticks for TV and the living room Tv is connected with ethernet but kitchen TV is not.  A couple of weeks ago we had a power outage, some neighbors lost all internet, and then a couple days later we lost internet for a period.  My son next door had to get a new modem and had to have Comcast  out.  We have no problem with computers with ethernet, but kitchen TV looses the internet connection sometimes twice an hour.  The TV with the ethernet will pause now  then, but if I hit fast forward it will usually start ok.  I bought new 4k Firesticks.  The kitchen has an older HDML TV, is it the internet or the TV?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

First guess would be that after the power issue one or more nearby neighbor's wifi routers came up on a channel that conflicts with yours.  If you have a wifi scanner app you should be able to see which channels are the least active and set your own there.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Some tips for improving WiFi performance;

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/td-p/2627659

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/improve-your-wireless-home-network

There are other options. Google for WiFi repeaters / range extenders, WiFi mesh systems / pods, powerline ethernet adapters, MoCA adapters.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello, buddyshields! 

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We definitely want to make sure you are able to enjoy a consistent connection on all your cable devices. I see it has been some time since you posted this thread and I wanted to check in quickly to see if you were able to get that kitchen TV working well again or if you could still use a hand?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

We still have problems, even our tv with direct connect looses connection.  I would have called by now but have been sick.  I think the modem got messed up with the power outage.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry to hear you still having troubles but I'd love to help get that working again! Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@buddyshields wrote:

We still have problems, even our tv with direct connect looses connection.  I would have called by now but have been sick.  I think the modem got messed up with the power outage.

Have you tried any of the tips that I posted ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here