Community Forum

TG3482G add more ports

Laurie
Regular Contributor

TG3482G add more ports

On my older modem I had four ports to plug in Ethernet cable. On the one I have now I can only plug into how can I make it so I can plug in more
ComcastDena
Official Employee

Re: TG3482G add more ports

Thank you for reaching out today about your ethernet ports. I know I like to have my devices hardwired to make sure I have the best connection while working. Here is a link: https://comca.st/2LNbZDa with an overview of our Gateways. Depending on your level of service we may be able to switch your Gateway. To assist you further please send me a private message and include your full name and service address, so I can assist you. Send me a private message by clicking my profile name (ComcastDena), then click "Send a message". Thank you for your continued patience, and I hope to hear from you soon!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

@Laurie
Use a gigabit switch or see if @ComcastDena can hook you up with an XB7

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Laurie
Regular Contributor

Was wondering if I could get a rg45 splitter and plug in the back of modem
EG
Expert

As @CCAndrew  stated, just use one of these;

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Networking-Switches/b?ie=UTF8&node=281414

Easy peasey.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Laurie
Regular Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me I just got home and I had a reply not sure why it took so long. I will contact  Dana

ComcastBillie
Official Employee

We can definitely help hook you up with one of our fantastic XB7's! Just click on my handle "ComcastBillie" and send us a private message with your full name and address to get started. 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.