mikeed704's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 4th, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

Super Slow Upload Speeds

Ayyone running into this issue and have any idea how to fix it. I currently subscribe to the Performance Pro Internet Bundle which is supposed to give me 200mpbs download and 10-20 mbps upload however I am only seeing roughly 3-5mbps upload and its killing my online gameing experience.  I use a Netgear Nighthawk Gateway c7000 and its been a real upgrade over the xfinity gateways, but upload speed is one area that is still lagging behind. If I was getting constant 8-9 mpbs on upload I wouldn't care, but with less than 5 its becoming a problem.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

393 Messages

3 years ago

Are you sure about the upload speeds in your package?

When I look up Performance Pro here it says 5Mbps.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thats interesting information, when I googled it it said between 10-20. I looked back at my speedtest history and it looks like I used to have upload speeds between 10-12mps consistently a few years ago and then all of a sudden it dropped to to 5-6mps and now I am running between 3-5mbps. When I was getting the higher uploads speeds I was using a comcast supplied router. I have since switched the the netgear router but cant see why that would cause me to lose upload speed.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @mikeed704! Thanks for using the Xfinity Forum to get help with your slow internet speeds. As lots of companies transition to working from home, and schools turning to remote learning, we understand how important your services are. Do you still have slow speeds? 

I also want to clarify that the upload speeds for Performance Pro speeds are 5 Mbps. I want to access your account to check your premise signals, your local node's health and check for any noise on the line that would contribute to the symptoms you're reporting. 

Can you send a private message with your first and last name and the numbers associated with your address? To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here