user_jimhb2's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Speed upgrade, how long does it take?

Hi,
Upgraded from performance plus to Extreme Pro. Account shows the new speed and customer service in India says it's effective immediately.

I still see old speeds after restarting my cable modem, my router, cleared cache and cookies.

I am testing from my hardwired PC connected via ethernet to a Netgear CM600 which is capable of 960 Mbps

edit: it started working a few hours after I posed this (note that I had previously re-booted my modem as I said originally)    I am not seeing anything above 375 Mbps so far however 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yea same here. I upgraded my speed today also and am wondering the same thing

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Reboot your modem!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Check to see if you have Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) set

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

4 years ago

Recommend rebooting modem, and if that doesn't work, either ask for modem to be reprovisioned or do a factory reset which will reprovision.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@N0_service wrote:

or do a factory reset which will reprovision.

No it won't sorry.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Upgrading speeds now will just waste your money.  I am lucky if I have the speed I am supposed to have before the stay-at-home orders.  And since they started I barely have 1/20th of my 100Mbps on a regular basis.  If you reset your modem, disconnect the cable from the wall, everything they will tell you to try when you call, it may recover to 1/10th for awhile.  Calling and having them tell you to do all that again while they do a reset on their end will get your speed back for a short time but half the time by the time I have finished filling in the survey and saying thank you for recovering my speed it has dropped again already.  And it is not just the network being overloaded at a certain time of day.  This happens at all hours, I am up at 3am and it still runs like every house in my neighborhood must be streaming their favorite shows during a zoom meeting while facetiming their online classrooms.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

4 years ago

The modem will receive a new configuration file upon re-registration.  Sorry if I was too colloquial; you're correct that the modem will not affect Comcast systems

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

In fact my price went down for the upgrade in speed so I had nothing to lose in any case.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I upgraded my plan from 100 Mbps to 400mbps. It’s been 5 hours when will it be changed ?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@user_4e8d05

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. Re-closing this year old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here