Community Forum

Someone keeps connecting to my wifi

Highlighted
New Poster

Someone keeps connecting to my wifi

So I've changed both my Wifi password/username. I've even went and changed my xfinity login and password. However, the same devices keep entering in my wifi despite how many times I change it and or pause them. What should I do?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Someone keeps connecting to my wifi

@Arlene_Moon wrote:
So I've changed both my Wifi password/username. I've even went and changed my xfinity login and password. However, the same devices keep entering in my wifi despite how many times I change it and or pause them. What should I do?

Device names can be confusing. They would include: printers, smart-phones, dvr's, pads, Kindles, smart-watches, etc. used on your home network. Some work even when you think they are "off".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Someone keeps connecting to my wifi

@Arlene_Moon wrote:

Cross-reference the MAC addresses that you see with the ones on your actual devices and see if they are actually your devices.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!