Habby's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Slow Gigabit Speeds

I had the Blast internet and was getting wifi speeds of 150-200 Mbps and ethernet connected speeds of 240+Mbps. I upgraded to Gigabit and am recieving wifi speeds of 50Mbps if i'm lucky and wired speeds of 150Mbps. I have a Nighthawk C7800 Modem Router Purchased in August of this year. I have a GearHead membership and no one can figure out why i am having slow internet. I have had multiple comcast technicians come out, (I'm up to 5), the cables inside of my home have been rreplaced, a technician came out and replaced the cables outside of my home. I have spent 26 HOURS on trying to get the speeds that i am paying for. I have been given excuses from comcast including but not limited to, "Oh your Nighthawk cant support the gigabit connection" to "Well we are testing them from over the phone and you are getting 940Mbps so its on your end". I am so fed up with this service and the countless time I have wasted trying to figure this out. I replaced my modem Router 3 times, modified my router with GearHead to be able to do what it needs to do to get the speeds, replaced the cables inside and outside of my home, and spoke with comcast too many times. I am now turning to the forums and the community for some help. Please help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I feel your pain, comcast is garbage! I have had connection and slow internet speeds for over a year. I got one of their garbage modems(it was outdated when i got it) and had to argue with them for 6 months before they sent one thats not outdated. I have blast and get speeds of 84! I have to reset my modem numerous times. On your end though call them again and tell them to send an upgrade to your modem. They are the only ones that have upgrades for any modems(which is so stupid). My biggest problem is who else do I go to since comcast is the only cable service around

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I would have switched months ago if Fios was around. I keep getting the runaround and its terrible. I have one of the best modem routers on the market and they are still trying to seel me their piece of junk routers. I just dont understand how i was getting faster speeds at the lower plan. it makes no sense to me and im so fed up with it. We arent getting what we are paying for and this seems to be a common problem among comcast's paying customers. Its unacceptable. I wish we had some answers.

Sincerely,

Dissapointed.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your help, however i have tried everything and still am recieving slow internet. The blast interent i had before was faster than what I am receiving now. Not to mention, comcast just raised my rate for gigabit internet. I am extremely frustrated and beaten down and just plain exhausted from having to deal with this. I have officially run out of options. I am hoping somone has a solution for me that will work.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Being that you've had multiple tech visits, I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Habby, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! It's upsetting to hear you're not receiving the speeds you're paying for. We absolutely want to further investigate this and get it corrected. This is definitely not the kind of experience we strive for our customers to receive. I would love to help! Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issues just had a technician try everything. And nothing.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Frederick* Let me know if you find a solution and i will do the same! Best of luck!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I just sent the message

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I see that your post was back in December but since I am considering changing from Blast to Gigabit, I am expecially interested to know whether Comcast/Xfinity resolved your internet speed issue. I recenly purchased an Arris Surfboard DOCSIS 3.1 modem and I am  upgrading my router from an ASUS RT-AC3200 to an ASUS XT8 ZenWifi AX6600. Having made these changes, I would be really disappointed if I changed from Blast to Gigabit and got a slower speed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here