niketpatel12's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Second IP Address for Arris SB8200

I have recently purchased an Arris SB8200 cable modem. I called Xfinity customer service to configure a second IP so I can connect one port directly to the PC and second to my router. Looks like the xfinity customer service rep did not understand my request. I have read multiple threads here that it may still be possible to configure a second IP. Can someone let me know what may be needed? I know they are phasing this out but the option may still be available. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi there, niketpatel12. Thanks for reaching out to us here in the community! We are glad to have you. 🙂 We can absolutely look into this for you and let you know if we have the option to add an additional IP.

To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. We will go from there!

Talk soon.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here