Bumpa7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, December 31st, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Re: Issues after upgrade to xfinity advanced modem.

Just got off of a 60+ minute chat with an xfy guru on the same issue.  Supposedly they "trouble shooted" my system and everything is OK.  Her suggestion of course was schedule a tech to check my wires.  I had none of these problems with my old modem and router, now it's someone in the house complaining all the time!  So sorry I "UPGRADED"

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Bumpa7 wrote:

Just got off of a 60+ minute chat with an xfy guru on the same issue.  Supposedly they "trouble shooted" my system and everything is OK.  Her suggestion of course was schedule a tech to check my wires.  I had none of these problems with my old modem and router, now it's someone in the house complaining all the time!  So sorry I "UPGRADED"

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

continuing:  that is why I think I may have my home network configured wrong!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

No I don't think the computer wired with cable gets the same disconnection as do the other devices (wifi)

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Any reports of "lemon" XB6 modems. Nothing but disconnects since I got it!  Never have all the disconnects before!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here