Donmello's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 27th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping.

im also having the same issue. however when i click on the link to look at the options you have asked for i have to log in and i do not have the info to do so. ive tried what i thought it might be but it tells me wrong user

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

m logged into it now. what was the information you were looking for?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

If this is a Comcast supplied gateway device, the default username is admin and the default password is password

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

You didn't post all of the channels but the ones that you did are WAY out of spec. You have a severe signal / connection problem.

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here