dd61's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 14th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Re: Internet connection intermittently disconnecting throughout day and even overnight.

I have been having this issue for 2 months, I agree the customer service text person is no help at all. I reboot all day, they have come out and replaced wire to the house. They say I have no issue, its frustrating to say the least. I have tried to get the CEO email address but not available. I have emailed a form that is supposed to go to the CEO/ we will see?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have new Samsung smart tv, new Arris SBG8300 modem/router, connected to Xfinity/Comcast cable. Internet reception works fine all day long. I turn the tv off every night while the modem remains on continuously. In the morning when I turn on the tv and get on line with an iPhone the internet signal is not present. I must reboot tv and modem before internet connection is available. Having read a slew of exactly similar forum discussions I have found my problem to be that of a legion of Xfinity subscribers. I have been told that the problem arises from a low internet feed speed. Please help! A phone call by a Comcast by a service rep would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem.  I've had 4 technicians out so far.  A 5th is coming tomorrow.  If they ever solve it, I'll post an answer.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Please do, I’m having the same issue started last night for me, I’m paying for 600mbps and I can’t even watch YouTube

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast came out. They found the cable from the street on the telephone pole had a loose connection. They also replaced a connector coming into the house. So far our connection has been stable. We will see.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have similar problem. My Internet connection is frequently interrupted. I called xfinity many time. But they don't fix it. They just restart internet router

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

Insist they come out and then call Billing and ask for credit.  Comcast has been good about giving me credit.  I had them out 5 times before it was fixed.  WhereI live, we have overhead lines.  With our southern storms, it's not surprising when lines come loose.  The last guy that came out checked the connection down the street and that made all the difference.  Good luck.  It's maddening dealing with Comcast.   

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been informed today by an xfinity tech that the xfi modems don't allow for the 2.4G and 5G to have different passwords. There was an update at some point that doesn't allow for it. Luckily I still had my old modem from them and it works just fine even though they said that the update wouldn't allow it on the old one either.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here