SFWolf13's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

Re: Internet Keeps dropping

we are having the exact same issue, as well as other people we know in San Francisco, and we are all in IT.

I'm not at my home right now, but we use wifi, even gave in and bought the Pods, which do not stay consistantly connected. the wifi keeps dropping our equipment from our network, and this is with sitting 6 to 8 feet from the gateway modem.  I upgrade to the 1k upload speed and 2 days ago only showed a speed of 133, other times it may get up to 433, but no higher than that.  when we walk into another room, the wifi will drop our signal, which s@cks because I am in several online meetings every day, but the online meeting is not the culprit.  I walk into the hallway where there is a very visible Pod and my connection drops.  we turned off our gateway from being used as the xfinity hotspot, as we have seen others having to do that as it does interfere with connection speeds.  right now, after only 2 months on the service, i am not impressed at all.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here