Community Forum

Re: Erratic (at times) WiFi / Shuts off/Turns on periodically

Highlighted
New Poster

I switched over to a supposedly faster internet speed and it’s been the worst ever. We get disconnected all day and are having to reset router more than once a day.
Highlighted
New Poster

We have something hardwired and we still get disconnected.
Highlighted
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Really, I’ve had a technician sent by Comcast 3 times and they couldn’t do this troubleshooting? They even climbed the pole to check connection. I’m paying for service, why am I having to do all this troubleshooting to find out why my internet doesn’t work?
Highlighted
New Poster

It’s always the same response, have you restarted your router? Duh, everyday we are resetting our router.
Highlighted
Expert

I don't work for them. Just a fellow customer trying to give you some tips / help. It's your choice whether or not you want to try them......

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yeah I do not want to go out and buy a $250 modem router when i don't know if it will fix the problem!!! And I don't have any intention on renting their machines. If anyone has any idea whether or not Comcast has a way to mess with your Wi-Fi while not messing with your TV/cable connection I'd like to know. It is just my wife and myself it is just my wife in myself using the Wi-Fi and we do not have that many items that are operating at any one time.