andreseng's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, August 16th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Random T3 time-out causing spontaneous modem reboots

Check ticket# CR920309966

After an hour of your script reading people telling me this problem is my equipment, I finally got an appt for a tech to come out and check things out. Then a few hours before the appt I got a text and email saying, Oh yeah, it is our problem but we fixed it, If you're online the problem is resolved and you should cancel your appt. I was, so I did.

Guess what? The exact problem still exists. It's random. So if your level 1 and even level 2 techs look at it, they say all is fine. We are far from fine.. I do not want to lose another hour of my life talking to these script readers.

What do I want? I want someone to check the CMTS for any real time degradation and / or error reports, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and see whether or not everything is in the green zone. You can also see a history plot for the modem and poll for those upstream receive signal stats.

Believe me. This problem is real and it is yours. My equipment is functioning fine.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Spoiler
Does anybody look at this forum? I see several other posts with the same problem....

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

What modem do you have. I have a CM1200 and have been having T3 timeouts recently. Netgear cannot RMA my modem because they are out of my model. How a multimillion dollar corporation is out of their own product I do not know. I think its an issue with Xfinity's firmware. The line tech that came to my house first told me it was an issue with my modem and that I needed a tech to come in the house to fix it. The tech that came into the house to fix it told me he can't do anything with a customer owned modem. I tried explaining to him that Xfinity is the one that uploads the firmware to customer owned modems and that was most likely the issue. He did'nt understand what I was talking about at all. I'm at a loss at this point.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

This is my point.  There are employees at comcast that don't read from the script and understand this issue. But you and I are not allowed to talk to them because we can't get past the script readers who always conclude that it's our problem and not theirs. You are correct. This is comcast firmware. You are also correct that most script readers do not understand this. Getting a new modem will not solve your problem. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

For the last three days, my connection has been solid. I hope things continue this way.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

So here we are a month later and still having the same issues. Twice a tech has been scheduled and twice I was sent notices that they found the problem and fixed it. If I was online then the visit should be canceled. I am beyond frustrated. Why can no one fix this problem? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here